(单词翻译:单击)
We are in a crisis situation.
我们正处于危机之中
New York City now has more than 61,000 people in our shelter system.
现在有超过六万一千人在纽约市避难所中
That includes thousands of New Yorkers experiencing homelessness and thousands of asylum seekers who have been bused in over the past few months from other parts of the country.
这其中包括数千名无家可归的纽约人,以及在过去几个月里从美国其他地区乘坐大巴来到这里的数千名寻求庇护者
Our right-to-shelter-laws, our social services and our values are being exploited by others for political gain.
我们的收容权利法、社会服务和价值观正被其他人用来谋取政治利益
New Yorkers are angry.
纽约人对此感到愤怒
I am angry too.
我也感到愤怒
We have not asked for this.
我们并没有要求这样做
There was never any agreement to take on the job of supporting thousands of asylum seekers.
我们从未就援助数千名寻求庇护者方面达成任何协议
This responsibility was simply handed to us without warning as buses began showing up.
乘坐大巴的寻求庇护者突然出现,没有任何预警,我们就承担起了援助他们的责任
We are at the edge of the precipice.
我们正处在悬崖边上
We need serious partnership and realistic solutions.
我们需要认真的伙伴关系和现实的解决方案
As I have said before, we need help and we need it now.
正如我以前所说,我们需要帮助,而且我们现在就需要帮助