(单词翻译:单击)
We know that the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are safe.
我们知道mRNA新冠疫苗是安全的
We know that receiving the recommended vaccine dose is critical to maintaining optimal protection against severe COVID-19, particularly for the elderly.
接种推荐剂量的疫苗对于预防重症新冠至关重要,特别是对老年人来说
And we expect that the updated vaccines will offer better protection against the SARS-CoV-2 subvariants that are currently circulating.
预计最新研制的疫苗将对目前正在传播的SARS-CoV-2亚型产生更好的预防效果
And so, my message to you is simple.
因此,我要传达的信息非常简单
Get your updated COVID-19 shot as soon as you are eligible in order to protect yourself, your family and your community against COVID-19 this fall and winter.
在你能够接种新的新冠疫苗的时候尽快接种,以保护你自己、你的家人和你的社区在这个秋冬免受新冠病毒的攻击
I certainly will do so.
我一定会这样做
First of all, right now we have a vaccine that exactly matches the variant that's out there.
首先,现在我们有一种疫苗,它能够完全防御现有的变种
We may see more evolution of this virus.
未来可能会出现更多变种
To the extent that that evolution comes off of BA-5?
在某种程度上来说,可能是由BA-5进化而来的
The, this updated vaccine will continue to provide a very high degree of protection.
最新的疫苗将继续提供非常高级别的病毒防御能力
One of the things that we've been thinking about, and you've heard me talk about it.
我们有一个一直在思考的事情,我之前谈到了它
We held a summit here at the White House on this, is that we need to get to a point where we have variant-proof vaccines.
我们在白宫举行了一次峰会,讨论的也是这个问题,即我们需要研制抗变异疫苗
We have mucosal vaccines.
我们有粘膜疫苗
We need to play the long game against this virus.
我们需要长期对抗新冠病毒
That is going to require additional resources from Congress, so part of what's in the request of Congress is funding for that next generation of vaccines.
这将需要国会提供额外的资源,因此我们对国会要求的一部分是为下一代疫苗提供资金
That's so critical if we're gonna be able to ultimately get this virus behind us.
这对我们最终摆脱新冠病毒是至关重要的