(单词翻译:单击)
Trying to create that mental picture of your life -- of what on earth is going to happen to you -- can crush you a little bit every day.
试着在脑中绘制一幅你生活的图景——到底什么会发生在你身上——可以一点一点的击碎你 。
It is toxic and painful and deeply unfair.
这是有害的,痛苦的,非常不公平的 。
Sometimes it's the little, insignificant stuff that can tear you down.
有时候,会让你崩溃的就是那些微不足道的小事 。
I try not to read gossip as a rule, but the other day a website ran an article with a picture of me wearing sweatpants on the way to the gym.
我尽量不看八卦,但前几天一个网站刊登了一篇文章,上面有一张我在去健身房的路上穿着运动裤的照片 。
The writer asked, "Why does this petite beauty insist upon dressing like a massive man? "
作者问道:“为什么这个娇小的姑娘总要穿得像个大块头呢?”
Because I like to be comfortable.
因为我想要穿得更舒适 。
There are pervasive stereotypes about masculinity and femininity that define how we are all supposed to act, dress and speak.
关于男子气概和女性气质的刻板印象无处不在,这些刻板印象规定了我们都应该如何行为、穿衣和说话 。
They serve no one.
它们对任何人都没有好处 。
Anyone who defies these so-called ‘norms' becomes worthy of comment and scrutiny.
任何违反这些所谓“规范”的人都会被评论和审视 。
The LGBT community knows this all too well.
LGBT群体对此非常能理解 。
Yet there is courage all around us.
然而,我们周围有许多勇气可嘉的人 。
The football hero, Michael Sam. The actress, Laverne Cox. The musicians Tegan and Sara Quinn.
橄榄球英雄迈克尔·萨姆 。女演员拉维恩·考克斯 。音乐家泰根和莎拉·奎恩 。
The family that supports their daughter or son who has come out.
那些对出柜的孩子给予支持的家庭 。
And there is courage in this room.All of you.
这个房间里所有人的勇气 。
I'm inspired to be in this room because every single one of you is here for the same reason.
我很高兴来到这里,因为你们每个人都是出于同样的原因来到这里 。
You're here because you've adopted as a core motivation the simple fact that this world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another.
你们在这里,因为你们都抱着一个简单的中心理念,那就是只要我们减少彼此的敌意,这个世界就会变得更好 。
If we took just 5 minutes to recognize each other's beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences.
如果我们只需要5分钟就能认识到对方的美,而不是因为我们的不同而互相攻击 。
That's not hard.
这并不难做到 。
It's really an easier and better way to live.
这真的是一种更容易、更好的生活方式 。
And ultimately, it saves lives.
也会拯救生命 。