(单词翻译:单击)
And then, yeah, of course, I got my portfolio shot.
然后,我拍了我的照片集
。Five, six months, I did some crazy campaigns for the biggest of brands in Delhi because my dad didn't allow me to go out of Delhi because he said no night outs and no out of Delhi for you, because I'm scared you're not going to complete your engineering.
五六个月来,我为德里最大的品牌做了一些疯狂的宣传活动,因为我父亲不允许我离开德里,因为他说你不能晚上外出,也不能离开德里,因为我担心你无法完成你的工程学业
。So, yes, in third year I managed to do five, six months of modelling.
所以,在第三年,我成功地做了五六个月的模特
。Well, after that third year, yes, I finished a few assignments of modelling and a lot of people started calling me up for movies, especially from South, because they happen to find this round cute face with very nice smile.
在第三年之后,我完成了几个模特任务,很多人开始打电话给我谈拍电影,特别是从南方来的,因为他们碰巧发现了这张笑容可掬的圆脸
。So, they thought I could act.
所以,他们认为我可以演戏
。Okay. So, I was like, okay, well, I don't know the language.
所以,我就说,好吧,我不懂当地的语言
。That's okay. 90% of actresses here don't know it, we teach them.
那没关系啊,这里90%的女演员都不知道,我们教她们
。I said, okay.
我说,好的
。So, you seem pretty confident more than me that you can make me act.
所以,你看起来比我更有信心让我演戏
。Okay, so I said, let me think about it later because I need to complete my engineering.
所以我说,让我以后再考虑,因为我需要完成我的工程学业
。Otherwise, daddy says no going out of house.
否则,爸爸说不能出门
。So, I was okay.
所以,我很好
。Fourth year actually was the most difficult to pass because my HOD gave me a warning.
第四年实际上是最难度过的,因为我的HOD给了我一个警告
。Or I think most of you must be familiar with that challenge.
或者我想你们大多数人一定对这个挑战很熟悉
。I'll see how you pass this year because this final year project is in my hands.
通过最后一个学年的结业项目我可以看出你学的怎么样
。With your kind of attendance and with your kind of going all over the places, all your public speaking, dancing, modelling, these are blah, blah, blah. And your red hair, which I had at that time. They thought...
他们认为你出席活动,走遍各地,你所有的公开演讲,跳舞,模特,你留的头发,这些都是废话,垃圾
。Yeah, you understand the importance of that in an engineering institution.
你知道这在工程学院的重要性
。Let me just stress on that again and again.
我一遍又一遍地强调这一点
。So, yeah, so all that.
所以,所有这些
。He was like, let me see how you pass this fourth year with your submission of the final year project as you all must be knowing.
他说,让我看看你们是怎么用自己学过的东西完成最后一年的项目的
。So, I along with two other friends of mine who got similar warning, not for the red hair, but for other things, they along with me decided, let's just make something that these people won't be able to even question us on.
所以,我和我的另外两个朋友得到了类似的警告,不是因为红头发,而是因为其他事情,他们和我一起决定,让我们做一些别人不能质疑我们的东西
。And we ended up making an iPhone app at that time.
我们最终制作了一款iPhone应用程序
。I'm talking about, say five, six years back, an iPhone app of, which is called Font Swap, first of its kind, which could help you change all the four fonts that are available on iPhone.
五六年前,一款叫做字体交换的iPhone应用程序,这是同类中的第一款,它可以帮助你改变iPhone上可用的所有四种字体
。We used objective C and our professors had no clue about it.
我们用的是扩充 C 的面向对象编程语言,我们的教授对此一无所知
。So, we submitted that project.
我们提交了那个项目
。We submitted that project and ended up winning the university's second-best project, I guess, because again, even there, they couldn't really understand what we exactly did.
我们提交了那个项目,最终赢得了大学第二好的项目,因为即使在那里,他们也不能真正理解我们到底做了什么
。So, yeah, we were the most fancy ones, the iPhone app people.
我们是最高难度的,创造iPhone应用程序的人
。So, we walked away with it.
我们轻而易举地得到了好项目
。It was strange because this particular application was used by Dhanush, now everyone knows about him.
这很奇怪,因为这个特殊的应用程序Dhanush也用了,现在每个人都知道他了
。And when I was working with him in my first ever Tamil movie, he's like, he was making fun of me.
当我和他合作拍摄我的第一部泰米尔电影时,他就像是在取笑我
。Oh, you Sardarni coming from Delhi, you think you can do a lot of stuff.
哦,你这个从德里来的小姑娘,你认为你能做很多事
。You're making this app, and I said just click the about button.
你竟然制作了这个应用,我说“你点一下关于按钮
。”And he clicked that and there was my name along with my friends.
他点击了一下,上面有我和我朋友们的名字
。And that was a big shocker for him.
这让他大吃一惊
。And that's the kind of shock I keep getting on people when I tell them about this.
当我告诉人们这件事时,他们一直都是那种震惊的态度
。Half of them look at me, disbelief.
他们中有一半人难以置信地看着我
。Really, okay, you were an engineer.
真的,好吧,你是个工程师
。Oh, everyone is an engineer in this country.
在这个国家每个人都是工程师
。You made an app.
你做了一个应用程序
。So, nothing was so fancy about it, I think for a lot.
所以,我觉得没什么特别复杂的
。But that app kind of raises eyebrows in good way for me.
但这款应用程序对我来说有点令人惊讶
。