(单词翻译:单击)
For too long, man's best friend has been stifled by their limited visual acuity!
很长时间以来,人类最好的朋友都受到有限视敏度的困扰!
Now, with my newest invention, dogs will be able to...
现在,有了我最新的发明,狗狗们终于可以...
See in color!
看到彩色了!
Uh yeah, but Roy I think dogs ca- That's doctor! Doctor Roy G. Biv!
额,嗯,但是罗伊,我觉得狗狗能-喊我博士,罗伊·G·比夫博士!
And my mission is to grant all beings the ability to see...in color!
我的使命就是让所有的生物都能看到...彩色!
Um, okay, but I'm pretty sure dogs can see color.
额,好吧,但我确定狗狗们能看到颜色
WHAT!?
什么?
It's pretty much common knowledge that dogs are, in fact, color-blind.
人们认为狗狗是色盲是常识
But many people, like our esteemed Dr. Biv, have misunderstood this to mean that dogs cannot see color at all.
但是很多人,比如我们尊敬的比夫博士,误解了这句话,认为狗根本看不见颜色
While it might be simpler to think of dogs as seeing the world like an old television show, the reality is actually closer to how humans experience color-blindness, which is more accurately called "color vision deficiency".
虽然认为狗狗看世界就像我们看老式电视机一样会更容易理解一点,但实际上,那种感觉其实更像人类的色盲,更准确地来说是“色盲缺陷”
The receptors that enable eyes to perceive color are called cones.
让眼睛能够感知道颜色的受体叫做视锥细胞
Most humans have three types of cones in their eyes that roughly correspond to red, green, and blue-violet.
大多数人的眼睛中有三种视锥细胞,大致对应红色、绿色和蓝紫色
This is called trichromacy.
这被称为三色视觉
In the same way that we mix primary paint colors to create a whole palette of color... the combination of these three types of color receptors allow us to see a wide spectrum of light.
用同样的方法,我们混合了原色,创造了调色板里五花八门的颜色… 这三种颜色感受器的结合能让我们看到更广的光谱
When one of these color receptors doesn't function correctly, a person loses the ability to see that part of the color spectrum.
如果这些颜色感受器中的某一个不能正常工作,人就会失去看到光谱中这部分颜色的能力
We call this dichromacy, and people with this condition are considered color-blind, even though they can see most other colors.
我们称之为二色视觉,有这种情况的人被认为是色盲,即使他们能看到大多数其他颜色
Dogs have a similar limitation, except that their eyes naturally only have two cones, corresponding to blue and yellow.
狗也有类似的情况,不过它们的眼睛天生只有两个视锥细胞,分别对应蓝色和黄色
Where you see a beautiful red rose, a dog sees only a yellowish brown flower, while all that lush green grass looks dehydrated and dead.
当你看到一朵美丽的红玫瑰时,狗看到的只是一朵黄褐色的花,而那些茂盛的绿草看起来都像脱了水,枯死了一样
Kind of makes you wonder why they like to eat it
你可能会想它们为什么还喜欢吃这些草
There! You see?! My work has not been in vain!
看到了吧?我的工作没有浪费!
In fact, it's two-thirds of the way done!
其实,我已经完成了三分之二!
One more type of cone added to their doggy vision, and the entire spectrum shall be theirs to command!
再给狗狗加一种视锥细胞,它们就能看到光谱上的所有颜色了!
Wahahaha! Uh Sure doc. Okay.
哇哈哈哈哈!额,好吧,博士