(单词翻译:单击)
That's good. All right.
很好
So, I live in the Berkshires and we have a great program here, called "Shakespeare in the Courts" where if you're a juvenile delinquent in this county, you have a 50% chance that a judge will condemn you to become a Shakespearian actor.
我住在伯克希尔,这里有一个伟大的改造计划,叫做 “法庭上的莎士比亚”,如果你是这个县的少年犯,你有50%的机会被法官判处成为莎士比亚演员
That's civilization, huh?
这就是文明,不是吗?
The Shakespeare program is enormously helpful because it helps people to feel their bodies and to feel what it feels like to be a king, what it feels like to be a warrior.
莎士比亚计划是非常有帮助的,因为它帮助人们感受他们的身体,感受作为一个国王的感觉,作为一个战士的感觉
And you get to really have a deep experience of yourself in different possibilities.
而且你可以在不同的可能性中体验到真正的自己
The next piece that I studied is that you can actually put electrodes on your skull so that when you make brainwaves that help you to be calm and focused, you get a little reward.
我研究的另一块内容是,把电极放在人的头骨上,这样当你发出的脑电波帮助你达到平静和专注时,你会得到一些正反馈
We did very well with neurofeedback.
我们在神经反馈方面做得非常好
So we can shape your brain to actually have a different configuration to be open to new experiences.
我们可以塑造你的大脑,使其具有不同的配置,让其对新的体验保持开放态度
And then, about 15 years ago, two guys came to talk to me and they said, "Bessel, you know a lot about trauma.
大约15年前,有两个朋友来找我,他们说:"贝塞尔,你真的是治疗创伤方面的专家
But do you think about his idea? We are thinking about psychedelics.
但你想过他的想法吗?我们正在考虑迷幻药的问题
What do you think about psychedelics for trauma?"
你对迷幻药治疗创伤有什么看法?
And I go like, "Wow! You're speaking for my heart," because of course, I'm a child of the sixties and we dabbled in LSD and psychedelic substances.
我说:“哇!你说出了我的心声,”我是生活在六十年代的孩子,我们的确涉足迷幻剂和迷幻物质
Wouldn't it be great if he could do psychedelic substances to see if these substances can open up people's minds?
如果能使用迷幻物质,看看这些物质是否能打开人们的思想,这不是很好吗?
To see that the reality that they live in is just a small part of the reality that is.
看到他们所处的现实只是现实的一小部分
But, I said, "Don't do it. It will destroy your career. These drugs are illegal."
但是,我说,“不要这样做
And they said, "Thank you very much for your opinion. We'll try it anyway."
但是他们说,“非常感谢你的意见
"They got permission to do a study of MDMA, also known as ecstasy or molly, for trauma.
他们得到了许可,对MDMA,也称为摇头或莫利,进行创伤治疗研究
And it worked out pretty well.
而且效果很好
Able to collect a large amount of money to do a very large and extremely expensive study.
能够收集大量的资金来做一个非常大的、极其昂贵的研究
Lots of different sites around the US, one in Israel, when in Canada.
在美国各地有很多不同的研究地点,有一个在以色列,一个在加拿大
So let me tell you how to study is set up.
我来讲讲研究是如何设置的吧
After all the preparation, you have a whole day of taking ecstasy while you lie on a bed with two therapists in your room for eight hours.
一切准备就绪后,你要一整天都服用摇头丸,躺在床上,房间里有两个治疗师,这个状态要持续8小时
What we see in the people who get the drug is amazing.
服用了这种药物的人的反应令人瞠目结舌
People are able to go to places they have never felt safe to go.
他们能够去到自己以前觉得很危险的地方
This is not a picnic.
这不是一次无忧无虑的体验
They see the horrible things that's happened to them.
他们看到发生在自己身上的可怕的事情
But MDMA allows people to see themselves with compassion.
但摇头丸让人们能够以同情心看待自己
All these measures we have about self-perception and self-awareness just shoot up.
我们的自我感知和自我意识就这样被激发出来
And rather than blaming themselves, they're able to say, yes, this what happened to me, but it's over.
不是责备自己,相反他们会说,是的,这就是发生在我身上的事情,但它已经结束了
Part of what has kept me so busy all these years is how can we find a treatment that allows the basic sense of defectiveness and self-loathing to be controlled.
这些年来,我如此忙碌的部分原因是,我在想如何能够找到一种疗法,使基本的缺陷感和自我厌恶感得到控制
And now it looks like we have found something that causes a very substantial drop in PTSD.
而现在看来,我们已经找到了能使创伤后应激障碍大幅度下降的东西
Probably more than just about anything else we have studied.
可能比我们研究过的其他任何东西都要有效
But what's important here is that one size doesn't fit all.
但重要的是,这并非对每个人奏效
Different people need very different things.
不同的人需要不同的治愈方法
What worked for my last patient very well may not work for you.
对上一个病人起作用的东西很可能对你无效
Everything is an experiment in life.
生活中的一切都是试验
And healing from trauma is an experiment.
而创伤的愈合也是一种试验