铜山毛榉案(MP3+中英字幕) 第37期:惨案发生(3)
日期:2021-05-13 09:54

(单词翻译:单击)

"Ah," said Holmes, "I think that what you have been good enough to tell us makes the matter fairly clear,
"啊,"福尔摩斯说,"我想你好意地告诉我们的这些情况,使得我们对这件事情已经一清二楚,
and that I can deduce all that remains.
至于其余的我就可以推断得出了。
Mr. Rucastle then, I presume, took to this system of imprisonment?"
鲁卡斯尔先生因而,我敢断言,就采取了监禁的办法?"
"Yes, sir."
"是的,先生。"
"And brought Miss Hunter down from London in order to get rid of the disagreeable persistence of Mr. Fowler."
"专门把亨特小姐从伦敦请来,以便摆脱福勒先生不愉快的纠缠?"
"That was it, sir."
"正是这样,先生。"

福尔摩斯探案集 铜山毛榉

"But Mr. Fowler being a persevering man, as a good seaman should be, blockaded the house,
"可是福勒先生是一位坚持不懈的人,就像一名好水兵必须做的那样,他封锁了这所房子,
and having met you succeeded by certain arguments, metallic or otherwise, in convincing you that your interests were the same as his."
后来遇见了你以后,通过用金钱或其它方式说服了你,使你相信你和他的利益是一致的。"
"Mr. Fowler was a very kind-spoken, free-handed gentleman," said Mrs. Toller serenely.
托勒太太安祥地说,"福勒先生是一位说话和蔼、手头慷慨的先生。"
"And in this way he managed that your good man should have no want of drink,
"通过这个手段,他设法让你的好男人不缺酒喝,
and that a ladder should be ready at the moment when your master had gone out."
让你当主人一出门就把一架扶梯准备好。"
"You have it, sir, just as it happened."
"你说得对,先生,是这么一回事。"

分享到