(单词翻译:单击)
Chapter 7 Gratitude
第七章 心存感恩使我们更加富足
THE ilustrations given in the last chapter will have conveyed to the reader the fact
我希望读者能够通过上一章的最后一则事例明白一个事实,
that the first step toward getting rich is to convey the idea of your wants to the Formless Substance.
那就是,大胆地向无形的物质表达自己的愿望就是我们迈向财富的第一步。
This is true,
此乃千真万确,绝无半点虚言。
and you will see that in order to do so it becomes necessary to relate yourself to the Formless Intelligence in a harmonious way.
而且你将会发现,为了做到这一点,你会在不知不觉中与无形的智能物质建立一种和谐的关系。
To secure this harmonious relation is a matter of such primary and vital importance
该和谐的关系是你其他所有后续行动的基础,它是如此重要,
that I shall give some space to its discussion here, and give you instructions which,
以至于我认为我必须在此对该关系本身,以及如何建立这样的关系加以详细的说明。
if you will follow them, will be certain to bring you into perfect unity of mind with God.
如果你能够按照我的指示去做,就一定可以用思想与它建立一种和睦的关系。
The whole process of mental adjustment and atonement can be summed up in one word, gratitude.
在这一过程中,如果要用一个词来概括所有思想的调整、升华等各方面的改变,那就是感恩。
First, you believe that there is one Intelligent Substance, from which all things proceed;
首先,你要相信有一种智能物质,万物皆因其而诞生;
second, you believe that this Substance gives you everything you desire,
其次,你要相信该物质一定能够给你所有你想要的,
and third, you relate yourself to it by a feeling of deep and profound gratitude.
最终,你通过一种感恩的心情,将自己与它紧紧地联系在一起。
Many people who order their lives rightly in all other ways are kept in poverty by their lack of gratitude.
许多人大都是按照自己的方式来安排自己的生活,方式本身并没有任何问题,可他们就是无法摆脱贫穷的纠缠。造成这一现象的原因就在于他们缺乏一颗感恩的心。
Having received one gift from God, they cut the wires which connect them with Him by failing to make acknowledgment.
他们在收到幸运女神送来的札物后,高兴之余却忘记了对此心存感激,于是便因此而切断了自己与财富之间惟一的纽带。
It is easy to understand that the nearer we live to the source of wealth, the more wealth we shall receive,
我们住得离财富之源越近,得到的财富就越多,这一道理理解起来并不困难,
and it is easy also to understand that the soul
其实,将这一联系上升到精神领域,也是同样的道理。
that is always grateful lives in closer touch with God than the one which never looks to Him in thankful acknowledgment.
总是怀有感激之心的人,与那些从未以感激之心待人的人相比,前者与财富的联系要更为紧密。这样的道理理解起米想必也不困难吧。
The more gratefully we fix our minds on the Supreme when good things come to us,
当各种美好事物逐渐向我们走来时,我们对生活的感激越深,
the more good things we will receive, and the more rapidly they will come;
这些美好事物来得就越快,而我们最终得到数量的也会越多。
and the reason simply is that the mental attitude of gratitude draws the mind into closer touch with the source from which the blessings come.
原因很简单——感恩的态度大大拉近了我们与幸福和财富之源的距离。
If it is a new thought to you that gratitude brings your whole mind into closer harmony with the creative energies of the universe,
如果你是第一次知道感恩能够使你的整个灵魂恢复到一种更加平静和谐的状态,从而得以获取宇宙间最神奇的创造能量,
consider it well,
那么,我希望你能够认真地思考这一切。
and you will see that it is true.
如果你能够照此去做,自然会发现事实果真如此。
The good things you already have have come to you along the line of obedience to certain laws.
于是,在获取财富的同时,你也明白了一个重要的道理——要想获得财富就必须遵循字宙间的内在规律。
Gratitude will lead your mind out along the ways by which things come;
在感恩思想的指引下,你的心将渐渐步人正轨,而你想要的一切也会随之而来,
and it will keep you in close harmony with creative thought and prevent you from falling into competitive thought.
与此同时,它还能够让你与创造性思想之间始终保持密切而和谐的关系,将那些所谓的竞争思想拒之心灵的大门外。