(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
My husband and his sister are notorious yakkers.
我丈夫和他妹妹都是超有名的话痨,
They can hold court on any subject. One day, he called her.
他们可以就任何问题大聊特聊
All he had to say was "Hi," and that launched her into a marathon session, going on about this, that, and the other.
他只说了一声“嗨”,就让她开始了一场马拉松式的会话,谈论着这个,谈论那个,还有其他的事情
When she finally paused to come up for air, she had one question: "Who am I talking to?"
当她终于停下来休息时,她问了一个问题:“我在和谁说话?”
A few of us were discussing the perils of drinking and driving when my five-year-old granddaughter threw in her two cents.
我们几个人正在讨论酒后驾车的危险,这时我五岁的孙女扔了两分钱
"I can see why it would be dangerous to drink and drive," she said.
“我明白为什么酒后驾车很危险,”她说,
"The straw could go up your nose."
“吸管会进到你的鼻子里
It always irked my single mother that her grocery store didn't carry eggs in packages of six—just by the dozen.
我的单亲妈妈总是很恼火,因为她的杂货店没有六个一包的鸡蛋
Then one day, her wish came true.
后来有一天,她的愿望实现了
She walked into the grocery and found fresh eggs in cartons of six.
她走进杂货店,发现一盒六个的新鲜鸡蛋
"I was so excited," she told us later, "that I bought two!"
“我太兴奋了,”她后来告诉我们,“于是我就买了两盒!”
Suffering from an unsightly scaly rash, my friend Denise made an appointment with a dermatologist who happened to be very attractive.
我的朋友丹尼斯得了鳞屑疹,样子很难看,他预约了一位碰巧很有魅力的皮肤科医生
After a full examination, the doctor cocked his head and asked, "Denise, did you get your hair done?"
在进行全面检查之后,医生仰着头问道:“丹尼斯,你做头发了吗?”
"Why, yes. Thank you for noticing," said Denise, flattered.
“为什么问这个,做过了
"I thought so," the doctor replied. "Be-cause your scalp looks red and irritated."
“我想也是,”医生回答说,“因为你的头皮发红、看起来像受了刺激
重点讲解
1.come up for air 喘口气;调节一下精神
I just have to come up for air.
我只想出去呼吸下新鲜空气 。
2.suffer from 遭受;受……之苦
Many people suffer from mental illness at some point in their lives.
许多人在人生的某个阶段都会得精神病 。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。