(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
A CAT'S SECOND LIFE
猫的二次生命
Our black-and-gray tabby cat had been missing an unusual three days.
我们那只黑白相间的虎斑猫离奇失踪了三天 。
On the fourth day, I found him halfsmashed on the pavement a block from our house.
第四天,我发现猫在离我们家一个街区的人行道上摔得半死 。
We drove him home in our trunk.
我们把猫放在后备箱运回家,
We prayed and cried as we said our last goodbye over his backyard grave.
在后院的坟墓前和猫道别,祈祷、哭泣着 。
The next morning, I awoke and heard a sound at the door.
第二天早上,我醒来听到门口有声音 。
There was our cat, alive and well.
猫还活着 。
I said to my husband, "Honey, either we buried the wrong cat,
我对丈夫说:“亲爱的,要么我们埋错了猫,
or we have to rename him Lazarus because he just rose from the dead."
要么我们给猫起名叫拉撒路,因为它死里逃生 。”
SUNRISE MELTS AN OLD SALT
被日出融化的经验丰富的水手
On my 24th birthday, I was standing a communications watch on the bridge of the USS George Washington.
在我24岁生日那天,我站在乔治·华盛顿号驱逐舰舰桥上的一个通信监视器前 。
The captain was feared by the enlisted men and never spoke to anyone below officer status.
士兵们都怕船长,船长从来没有和低于军官头衔的人说过话 。
It was early, and the sun was just appearing over the Mediterranean Sea.
时间还早,太阳刚刚从地中海上空升起 。
"Shipmate, get over here!" the captain bellowed. "Yes, sir!" I ran from my alcove into view.
“嘿,到这儿来!”船长大声叫道 。“是!”我从壁龛里跑出来,走进这片视野 。
"Look at that," he said, pointing to the red glowing sun cutting through the fog over the still, black sea.
“看那个,”船长指向穿越迷雾的红日 。
It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
这是我见过的最美的日出 。
I'll never forget his inadvertent birthday gift.
我永远不会忘记船长无意间送给我的生日礼物 。
IMPATIENT BIG SISTER
不耐烦的大姐姐
After confirming her pregnancy, my friend told her four-year-old daughter about the new brother or sister on the way.
确认自己怀孕后,我的朋友告诉四岁的女儿关于即将到来的弟弟或妹妹 。
She made it clear that the baby's arrival would be quite a ways away.
朋友向女儿明确表示,小宝宝出生还得很久 。
Her husband came home, and the family had dinner and discussed the good news.
晚上,丈夫回家,全家人一起吃晚饭,讨论着这个好消息 。
Finally, it was time for bed, and the little girl, suddenly very distressed, said to her mother,
最后,到了睡觉时间,小女孩突然苦恼地对妈妈说道,
"I know you said it would be a long time until we got our baby, but this is just ridiculous."
“我知道你说过得等很长时间才能有小baby,但这太荒谬了 。”
重点讲解
1.birthday gift 生日礼物
He pledged his gold watch to pay for her birthday gift.
为给她买生日礼物他抵押了他的金表 。
2.Mediterranean Sea 地中海
Several warships are cruising around the Mediterranean Sea.
几艘军舰正在地中海上游弋 。
3.enlisted men 士兵
He slapped an enlisted man.
因为他打了士兵一记耳光 。
4.get over 克服;恢复;熬过;原谅
If only it were that easy to just, ‘get over it.
如果真的就只是'克服它'这么简单就好了 。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。