冰与火之歌系列之《列王的纷争》第668期:凯特琳(4)
日期:2020-12-11 09:10

(单词翻译:单击)

A red priestess, Catelyn thought, wondering.

似乎是域外的红袍女祭司,凯特琳好奇地想。

The sect was numerous and powerful in the Free Cities and the distant east, but there were few in the Seven Kingdoms.

这个教派分支繁多,根深叶茂,不过一直都在自由贸易城邦和遥远的东方活动,向来不大涉足七大王国。

"Lady Stark," Stannis Baratheon said with chill courtesy as he reined up.

“史塔克夫人,”史坦尼斯勒住坐骑,带着冷冷的礼数打了声招呼。

He inclined his head, balder than she remembered.

他微微点头,头发比她记忆中更少了。

"Lord Stannis," she returned.

“史坦尼斯大人,”她回应。

OIP (3).jpg

Beneath the tight-trimmed beard his heavy jaw clenched hard, yet he did not hector her about titles.

在齐整的胡须下,他那巨大的下巴收紧起来,不过他并未在头衔问题上当即发难。

For that she was duly grateful.

对此她相当感激。

"I had not thought to find you at Storm's End."

“没想到能在风息堡遇见你。”

"I had not thought to be here."

“我也没想到自己会来这儿。”

His deepset eyes regarded her uncomfortably.

他那双深陷的眼睛瞧得她不自在。

This was not a man made for easy courtesies.

这不是一个谈吐优雅,风度翩翩的人。

"I am sorry for your lord's death," he said, "though Eddard Stark was no friend to me."

“对于你丈夫的死我很遗憾,”他说,“虽然艾德·史塔克并不是我的朋友。”

"He was never your enemy, my lord.

“他也从来不是您的敌人,大人。

When the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne held you prisoned in that castle, starving, it was Eddard Stark who broke the siege."

当您被提利尔大人和雷德温大人困在这座城堡,饥饿待毙时,正是艾德·史塔克为您解除了危机。”

"At my brother's command, not for love of me," Stannis answered.

“那是由于我哥哥的命令,并非出于对我的爱护,”史坦尼斯答道。

"Lord Eddard did his duty, I will not deny it.

“史塔克公爵履行了他的职责,这点我不否认。

Did I ever do less?

可我做的难道就不够吗?

I should have been Robert's Hand."

成为劳勃首相的本该是我。”

"That was your brother's will. Ned never wanted it."

“那是您哥哥的意思。奈德从未贪图荣华。”

"Yet he took it. That which should have been mine.

“可他仍旧接受了。而那应当是我的。

Still, I give you my word, you shall have justice for his murder."

即便如此,我还是向你保证,我会为这次谋杀主持正义。”

How they loved to promise heads, these men who would be king.

这些想当国王的人,多喜欢拿人头来做承诺啊。

"Your brother promised me the same.

“您弟弟也向我作了同样的承诺。

But if truth be told, I would sooner have my daughters back, and leave justice to the gods.

但说实话,我只想要回我的女儿,而把正义和公道留给不朽的神灵去主宰。

Cersei still holds my Sansa, and of Arya there has been no word since the day of Robert's death."

我的珊莎还在瑟曦手中,而自劳勃驾崩那天起,我便再没听到关于艾莉亚的只字片语。”

"If your children are found when I take the city, they shall be sent to you."

“倘若我拿下都城之后找着你的女儿,我会立刻把她们送还于你。”

Alive or dead, his tone implied.

不论死活,这一句他倒没说出口。

"And when shall that be, Lord Stannis?

“那要等到什么时候,史坦尼斯大人?

King's Landing is close to your Dragonstone, but I find you here instead."

君临和您的龙石岛近在咫尺,可我发现您偏偏来了这里。”

"You are frank, Lady Stark.

“你很坦率,史塔克夫人,

Very well, I'll answer you frankly.

这再好不过,让我也坦率地回答你。

To take the city, I need the power of these southron lords I see across the field.

要拿下都城,我需要原野对面那些强大的南方诸侯的兵力。

My brother has them.

眼下他们追随着我弟弟,

I must needs take them from him."

因此我必须从他手中夺过来。”

"Men give their allegiance where they will, my lord.

“大人,天下的律法是,人们要对自己的封君效忠。

分享到