经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第707期
日期:2020-12-07 10:17

(单词翻译:单击)

I kept these things then, and pondered them in my heart.

于是我把这些纵情留在心里,反复思量。

"You cannot now wonder," continued my master,

“这会儿你不会奇怪了吧,”我主人继续说,

"that when you rose upon me so unexpectedly last night,

“那天晚上你出乎意外地在我当前冒出来时。

I had difficulty in believing you any other than a mere voice and vision,

我难以相信你不只是一个声音和幻象,

something that would melt to silence and annihilation, as the midnight whisper and mountain echo had melted before.

不只是某种会销声匿迹的东西,就像以前己经消失的夜半耳语和山间回声那样。

Now, I thank God! I know it to be otherwise.

现在我感谢上帝,我知道这回可不同了。

Yes, I thank God!"

是的,我感谢上帝!”

md_fedf7a01a12d-jane-2.jpg

He put me off his knee, rose, and reverently lifting his hat from his brow, and bending his sightless eyes to the earth, he stood in mute devotion.

他把我从膝头上放下来。虔敬地从额头摘下帽子,向大地低下了没有视力的眼睛,虔诚地默默站立着,

Only the last words of the worship were audible.

只有最后几句表示崇拜的话隐约可闻。

"I thank my Maker, that, in the midst of judgment, he has remembered mercy.

“我感谢造物主,在审判时还记着慈悲。

I humbly entreat my Redeemer to give me strength to lead henceforth a purer life than I have done hitherto!"

我谦恭地恳求我的救世主赐予我力量,让我从今以后过一种比以往更纯洁的生活!”

Then he stretched his hand out to be led.

随后他伸出手让我领着,

I took that dear hand, held it a moment to my lips, then let it pass round my shoulder:

我握住了那只亲爱的手,在我的嘴唇上放了一会儿,随后让它挽住我肩膀,

being so much lower of stature than he, I served both for his prop and guide.

我个子比他矮得多,所以既做立支撑,又当了向导。

We entered the wood, and wended homeward.

我们进了树林,朝家里走去。

分享到