(单词翻译:单击)
In 1985, I was off to the NBA.
1985年,我离开大学进入了NBA 。
When I was drafted by the Golden State Warriors, by the wonderful Al Attles,
当我被金州勇士队、伟大的艾尔·阿特尔斯选中的时候,
one of my buddies said to me, "Where the heck is that place?"
我的一个朋友问我:“金州到底是个什么地方?”
And I didn't know myself. All I knew was a long way from New York.
我自己也不知道 。我只知道那里离纽约很远 。
And my new pro life, and being 3,000 miles away from home, took a little bit of adjustment for me.
就这样,我职业生涯的开端,就在离家3000英里的地方开始了,而我需要调整一下 。
But by the grace of God, I started living my life one day at a time,
但是承蒙上帝的恩典,我开始过好每一天,
and to strengthened me personally, physically, mentally and spiritually.
并使我在个人、身体、心理和精神上得到了提升 。
I truly want to thank the Golden State Warriors organization and the fans,
我真的要感谢金州勇士全队和球迷们,
for supporting me doing a very difficult time in my life.
感谢你们在我生命中最困难的时候支持我 。
I'm forever grateful to the Bay Area, and today I call it "home".
我永远感激旧金山湾区,今天我仍称它为“家” 。
Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway, RUN-TMC. We had a lot of fun running and gunning.
感谢米奇·里奇蒙德、蒂姆哈达威和我们的RUN-TMC组合 。我们在跑轰战术下打得很开心 。
And I gotta thank Rod Higgins for being such a great role model.
我要感谢罗德·希金斯,他是一个很好的榜样 。
And Don Nelson, "Nellie", who else would encourage Manute Bol to shoot three-point shots?
还有老唐尼尔森教练,这世上还有谁会去鼓励马努特·波尔投三分球呢?
Those are my favorite pro years.
那是我最棒的一段职业生涯 。
I had three great years in Indiana, I got to play for my idol Larry Bird, and under the brilliant leadership of Donnie Walsh.
在印第安纳,我也度过了三年美好的时光,我为我的偶像拉里·伯德打球,有唐尼·沃尔什的英明领导 。
I was honored and so proud to play on two Olympic teams,
此外,能在两支奥运代表队效力,我感到非常荣幸和自豪,
1984 for Bobby Knight, and in 1992 for the great Chuck Daly on the legendary Dream Team.
这两支队分别是1984年鲍比·奈特执教的美国代表队,以及1992年伟大的查克·戴利指导的传奇梦之队 。
Basketball was never a job for me.
对我而言,篮球从来不是一份工作 。
I love to play, I love to compete and be part of a team.
我喜欢打球,喜欢竞争,喜欢成为团队的一员 。
I made a career out of my passion, I'm so blessed.
我用我的热情成就了我的事业,我也受到了眷顾 。
To all my teammates, too many to mention, you made the game fun,
感谢我所有的队友们,人数太多我无法一一提及,是你们让比赛充满乐趣,
and to my opponents, you made it worth coming to the gym.
感谢我的对手们,是你们让我觉得来健身房是值得的 。
To my wife Liz and our four children, Sean, Chris, Liam and Kiera, you're my Dream Team.
感谢我的妻子莉斯和我们的四个孩子,肖恩,克里斯,利亚姆和基拉,你们就是我的梦之队 。
I'd like to sincerely thank Jerry Colangelo and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame for this incredible honor.
我要诚挚地感谢杰里·科兰杰洛和奈史密斯篮球名人堂给予我的这份难以置信的荣誉 。
I like to thank David Stern and the NBA for allowing me to play in the greatest league in the world.
我要感谢大卫·斯特恩和NBA,感谢他们让我在这个世界上最伟大的联盟打球 。
And so my fellow inductees, congratulations. Enjoy the evening.
当然还有和我同一年入选名人堂的各位,祝贺你们 。让我们好好享受这个夜晚吧 。