经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第701期
日期:2020-11-27 09:25

(单词翻译:单击)

"Yes, of friends," I answered rather hesitatingly:

“是的,是朋友,”我迟迟疑疑地面答。

for I knew I meant more than friends, but could not tell what other word to employ.

我知道我的意思超出了朋友,但无法判断要用什么字。

He helped me.

他帮了我忙。

"Ah! Jane. But I want a wife."

“呵?简。可是我需要一个妻子。”

"Do you, sir?"

“是吗,先生?”

"Yes: is it news to you?"

“是的,对你来说是桩新闻吗?”

jane-eyre-1400x788.jpg

"Of course: you said nothing about it before."

“当然,先前你对此什么也没说。”

"Is it unwelcome news?"

“是一桩不受欢迎的新闻?”

"That depends on circumstances, sir -- on your choice."

“那就要看情况了,先生——要看你的选择。”

"Which you shall make for me, Jane. I will abide by your decision."

“你替我选择吧,简。我会遵从你的决定。”

"Choose then, sir -- her who loves you best."

“先生,那就挑选最爱你的人。”

"I will at least choose -- her I love best.

“我至少会选择我最爱的人,

Jane, will you marry me?"

简。你肯嫁给我吗?”

"Yes, sir."

“肯的,先生。”

"A poor blind man, whom you will have to lead about by the hand?"

“一个可怜的瞎子,你得牵着手领他走的人。”

"Yes, sir."

“是的,先生。”

"A crippled man, twenty years older than you, whom you will have to wait on?"

“一个比你大二十岁的瘸子,你得侍候他的人。”

"Yes, sir."

“是的,先生。”

"Truly, Jane?"

“当真,简?”

"Most truly, sir."

“完全当真,先生。”

"Oh! my darling! God bless you and reward you!"

“呵,我的宝贝?愿上帝祝福你,报答你!”

"Mr. Rochester, if ever I did a good deed in my life -- if ever I thought a good thought --

“罗切斯特先生,如果我平生做过一件好事——如果我有过一个好的想法——

if ever I prayed a sincere and blameless prayer -- if ever I wished a righteous wish, -- I am rewarded now.

如果我做过一个真诚而没有过错的祷告——如果我曾有过一个正当的心愿——那么现在我得到了酬报。

To be your wife is, for me, to be as happy as I can be on earth."

对我来说,做你的妻子是世上最愉快的事了。”

分享到