经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第350期
日期:2019-03-20 17:22

(单词翻译:单击)

"You blushed, and now you are white, Jane: what is that for?"
“你刚才还脸红,现在脸色发白了,简。那是为什么?”
"Because you gave me a new name -- Jane Rochester; and it seems so strange."
“因为你给了我一个新名字--简·罗切斯特,而且听来很奇怪。”
"Yes, Mrs. Rochester," said he; "young Mrs. Rochester -- Fairfax Rochester's girl-bride."
“是的,罗切斯特夫人,”他说,“年青的罗切斯特夫人--费尔法克斯·罗切斯特的少女新娘。”
"It can never be, sir; it does not sound likely.
“那永远不会,先生,听起来不大可能。
Human beings never enjoy complete happiness in this world.
在这个世界上,人类永远不能享受绝对幸福。
I was not born for a different destiny to the rest of my species:
我并不是生来与我的同类有不同的命运。
to imagine such a lot befalling me is a fairy tale -- a day-dream."
只有在童话里,在白日梦里,才会想象这样的命运降临到我头上。”
"Which I can and will realise. I shall begin to-day.
“我能够而且也要实现这样的梦想,我要从今天开始。
This morning I wrote to my banker in London to send me certain jewels he has in his keeping, heirlooms for the ladies of Thornfield.
今天早上我已写信给伦敦的银行代理人,让他送些托他保管的珠宝来--桑菲尔德女士们的传家宝。

经典文学《简·爱》

In a day or two I hope to pour them into your lap:
我希望一两天后涌进你的衣兜,
for every privilege, every attention shall be yours that I would accord a peer's daughter, if about to marry her."
我给予一个贵族姑娘--如果我要娶她的话--的一切特权和注意力,都将属于你。”
"Oh, sir! -- never rain jewels! I don't like to hear them spoken of.
“呵,先生!别提珠宝了!我不喜欢说起珠宝。
Jewels for Jane Eyre sounds unnatural and strange: I would rather not have them."
对简爱来说,珠宝听来既不自然又很古怪,我宁可不要。”
"I will myself put the diamond chain round your neck, and the circlet on your forehead, which it will become:
“我会亲自把钻石项链套在你脖子上,把发箍戴在你额头,看上去会非常相配,
for nature, at least, has stamped her patent of nobility on this brow, Jane;
因为大自然至少已把自己特有的高尚,烙在这个额头上了,简,
and I will clasp the bracelets on these fine wrists, and load these fairy-like fingers with rings."
而且我会把手镯按在纤细的手腕上,把戒指戴在仙女般的手指上。”

分享到
重点单词
  • diamondn. 钻石,像钻石的物质,菱形,纸牌的方块,棒球内场 v
  • claspn. 扣子,钩,紧握 v. 扣紧,紧握,密切合作
  • speciesn. (单复同)物种,种类
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • patentn. 专利,特许 adj. 专利的,显著的 vt. 批准
  • accordn. 一致,符合 v. 使一致,调解,给予
  • peern. 同等的人,同辈,贵族 vi. 凝视,窥视
  • privilegen. 特权,特别恩典,基本人权,荣幸 vt. 给特权,免