(单词翻译:单击)
Now, why, why would we want to run such a sophisticated operating system on a mobile device?
为什么我们要在移动设备上运行如此复杂的操作系统?
Well, because it's got everything we need.
因为它有我们需要的一切 。
It's got multi-tasking. It's got the best networking.
它能多任务 。它有最好的网络功能 。
It already knows how to power manage. We've been doing this on mobile computers for years.
它已经知道如何管理电源 。我们在移动电脑上已经做了很多年了 。
It's got awesome security. And the right apps.
它的安全性很好 。搭载很好的应用程序 。
It's got everything from Cocoa and the graphics and it's got core animation built in and it's got the audio and video that OS X is famous for.
它有Cocoa、图像技术、内置的核心动画,还有OS X赖以成名的音视频技术 。
It's got all the stuff we want. And it's built right in to iPhone.
它有我们想要的所有东西 。现在这已经内置在iPhone中 。
And that has let us create desktop class applications and networking. Right?
这让我们可以创建桌面级的应用程序和网络 。对吧?
Not the crippled stuff that you find on most phones. This is real, desktop-class applications.
不是你在大多数手机上看到的残废的东西 。这是真正的桌面级应用程序 。
Now, you know, one of the pioneers of our industry, Alan Kay, has had a lot of great quotes throughout the years,
我们这个行业的先驱者之一,艾伦·凯,这些年来有很多很著名的话,
and I ran across one of them recently that explains how we look at this,
我最近恰好看到了其中一句,可以解释我们的看法,
explains why we go about doing things the way we do, because we love software.
解释了为什么我们要按照我们的方式做事,因为我们热爱软件 。
And here's the quote: "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware."
这句话是这样的:“真正重视软件的人,应该制造自己的硬件 。”
Alan said that 30 years ago, and this is how we feel about it.
这是艾伦30年前说的,而这就是我们的感受 。
And so we're bringing breakthrough software to a mobile device for the first time.
因此,我们首次将突破性的软件应用到移动设备上 。
It's five years ahead of anything on any other phone.
这要比比其他任何手机都早5年的时间 。