欺骗 Hoodwink
日期:2020-09-17 17:30

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English in a Minute from home.
欢迎来到居家版《一分钟英语》栏目。
The EIM team would never try to "hoodwink" you.
EIM团队永远不会“欺骗”你。
But what does that mean? Let's listen.
但这是什么意思?让我们一起听一下。
Anna, you know the fruit seller near the office?
安娜,你知道办公室附近那个卖水果的吗?
Oh, you mean Pete?
哦,你是说皮特吗?
Yeah. He tried to hoodwink me yesterday.
是的。他昨天想要骗我来着。
I thought the sign for oranges read 3 kilograms for $5.
我以为橙子的标价牌上写的是3公斤5美元。

欺骗 Hoodwink

But the 1 in front of the 5 was covered.
但是5美元前面的1被遮挡住了。
So it was really $15 for 3 kilograms!
所以实际上是3公斤15美元。
Wow. He wouldn't try to trick you, would he?
哇。他应该不是想骗你吧?
In the 1500s, "hoodwink" meant to cover the eyes of someone, like a prisoner, with a hood or blindfold.
在16世纪,“hoodwink”的意思是遮住某人的眼睛,比如说遮住囚犯的眼睛,戴上头巾或眼罩。
Over time, the word came to mean hiding the truth or trying to trick someone.
随着时间的推移,这个词逐渐演变成隐藏真相或试图欺骗某人的意思。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!

分享到