There's no crying in baseball 棒球的字典里没有哭泣二字
日期:2020-07-23 14:57

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies -- American Classics
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》(美国经典版)节目,
where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
我们会在这里讲解你在电影中听到的美式英语。
"There's no crying in baseball" is a line from the 1992 movie, "A League of Their Own".
There's no crying in baseball是1992年的电影《红粉联盟》中的一句台词。
The story takes place in 1943 America, when the first woman's professional sports league is formed.
故事发生在1943年的美国,当时第一个女子职业体育联盟刚刚成立。
Tom Hanks plays Jimmy Duggan.
汤姆·汉克斯饰演吉米·杜甘。
He is responsible for directing the team in how to play.
他负责指导球队如何比赛。
Listen for the words, "there's no crying in baseball".
留意听一下there's no crying in baseball这个表达。
We lost the lead because of you.
因为你,我们失去了领先优势。
Now, you start using your head!
现在,你开始动动脑子吧!
Are you crying? No.
你是在哭吗?没有。
There's no crying in baseball!
在棒球的字典里没有哭泣二字!
What do you think "there's no crying in baseball" means?
你觉得there's no crying in baseball的含义是什么?
Is it: control your emotion or crying violates an official rule?
是控制你的情绪,还是哭泣违反了官方规定?
Listen again.
再听一遍。

电影《红粉联盟》

Now, you start using your head!
现在,你开始动动脑子吧!
Are you crying? No.
你是在哭吗?没有。
There's no crying in baseball!
在棒球的字典里没有哭泣二字!
"There's no crying in baseball" means to control your emotion when reacting to a problem.
There's no crying in baseball的意思是当你应对一个问题时,要控制好你的情绪。
Jimmy is telling Evelyn she is too sensitive about her poor performance and his criticism.
吉米告知伊夫林,她对自己糟糕的表现和他的批评过于敏感了。
Actor Tom Hanks re-used the phrase in a real-life Twitter post when announcing he and his wife had COVID-19.
当演员汤姆·汉克斯在推特上宣布自己和妻子感染COVID-19时,他再次用到了这个表达。
The phrase is similar to "stop feeling sorry for yourself".
这个短语和“别再暗自神伤”很类似。
And that's English at the movies. I'm Dorothy Gundy.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。我是桃乐茜·冈迪。

分享到