Cut It Out! 快停下来!
日期:2018-06-10 15:27

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today comes from the film "Permanent".
我们今天的短语出自电影《我的小卷毛》。
In this movie, a thirteen-year-old girl is struggling to be accepted by students at a new school.
在这部电影当中,一个十三岁的小女孩正在努力使自己能被一所新学校的学生所接受。
She thinks a different hairstyle will help, so she asks for treatment that will make her hair curly.
她认为一个与众不同的发型会起到效果,所以她寻求了一种让她的头发卷起来的方法。
The treatment is called "a permanent", but it does not turn out the way she expects.
这种方法叫做“烫发”,但是这样做的结果却不是她所期望的。
Listen for the phrase "cut it out".
留意听一下cut it out这个短语。
What's wrong with your head?
你的头怎么了?
I got a permanent.
我烫了发。
You did it that way on purpose?
你是故意弄成这样的吗?
I think a family is like a car.
我认为一个家庭就像一辆汽车一样。
You can wax it or you can let it stay dirty.
你可以给它打蜡,也可以任由它一直脏下去。
Cut it out! Sometimes you're surrounded, and you just gotta shoot your way out.
快停下!有时候你被包围了,你只需要冲出一条路来。

电影《我的小卷毛》

So do you think "cut it out" means: cut off my hair or stop it right now?
所以,你觉得cut it out的意思是剪掉我的头发还是马上停下?
Listen again. Did you have the right answer?
再听一遍。你知道正确答案了吗?
I think a family is like a car.
我认为一个家庭就像一辆汽车一样。
You can wax it or you can let it stay dirty.
你可以给它打蜡,也可以任由它一直脏下去。
Cut it out! Sometimes you're surrounded, and you just gotta shoot your way out.
快停下!有时候你被包围了,你只需要冲出一条路来。
"Cut it out" means stop it right now.
"Cut it out"的意思是马上停下。
The girl wants the other students to stop teasing her and touching her hair.
这个小女孩想让其他学生不要再戏弄她,不要再碰她的头发了。
People often say "cut it out" when they are angry.
当人们生气的时候,他们经常会说cut it out。
In this film, the girl is mad, and she is also embarrassed.
在这部电影当中,这个小女孩很生气,她也很窘迫。
Fortunately, a permanent does not last forever.
幸运的是,烫发不会永远保持下去。
In other words, a permanent is not permanent.
换句话说,烫发不是永恒不变的。

分享到
重点单词
  • embarrassedadj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的
  • waxn. 蜡,蜂蜡 vt. (用蜡)涂 vi. 变大,增大
  • permanentadj. 永久的,持久的 n. 烫发
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • teasingn. 戏弄