(单词翻译:单击)
I can imagine us having Thanksgiving wherever we are in our universe.
在太空,随便太空的哪个地方,过感恩节会是什么样我都能想象得到
You know, whether it's Pluto, Mars, the moon, or wherever.
无论是在冥王星上,火星上,月球上,还是别的任何地方,
I think as we explore as a civilization,
代表一种文明进行宇宙探索的时候,
we'll take our traditions with us and break bread in that same way.
我们也会带上我们的传统,会像在地球上一样吃面包
I spent Thanksgiving in space on my second space shuttle mission in 2009.
我第一次在太空过感恩节是2009年,也就是我执行第二次航天飞行任务的时候
There were seven astronauts total.
我们当时一共有七名宇航员
We were like around a campfire with no campfire but floating in the air.
那天我们也跟在地球上一样搞了庆祝活动,只不过没有围着炉子,大家是漂着过的
My Thanksgiving meal was irradiated smoked turkey.
我的感恩节大餐是辐照加工过的熏火鸡
We had thermally stabilized cornbread dressing, rehydrated green beans, and oh my goodness, these other kind of crazy kind of candied yams.
我们还准备了热稳处理过的碎玉米面包,重新煮泡的四季豆,还有想起来都上头的一种拔丝地瓜
We always play with our food in space.
我们经常在太空里玩儿我们的吃的
。So I think maybe a green bean or two just floated over and, you know, catch the green bean.
比如,一两颗四季豆漂了过来,而你顺势就吃到了嘴里
It was pretty cool.
是不是很酷
Off the planet, you're in this incredible community of explorers.
离开了地球,你就成了这个了不起的探险队的一份子
And that was one thing that I really felt so connected to was these people that I'm breaking bread with and being thankful for on Thanksgiving Day.
真正让我特别有共鸣的就是他们这群和我同吃一块面包的人了,感恩节这天我特别想要感谢的也是他们
I'm sure the Pilgrims or the Native Americans probably never would have imagined turkey in space.
我敢肯定,清教徒或美洲原住民可能怎么也想不到还会有人在太空中吃火鸡的吧
Thanksgiving on Mars would be, you know, similar to being on the space station,
在火星上过感恩节和在空间站过感恩节差不多,
except for your food wouldn't be floating around, because there's one-sixth G on Mars.
只是在火星上你的食物并不会漂起来,因为火星上只有1/6个G
So, you know, one-sixth of the gravitational pull on, on the planet Earth.
也就是说,火星上的重力只有地球的1/6
You would have your irradiated smoked turkey on the table sitting there, not floating away.
所以,辐照加工的熏火鸡会安安静静地躺在桌子上,并不会漂起来
。