单身贵族案(MP3+中英字幕) 第31期:真相大白(8)
日期:2020-07-01 08:22

(单词翻译:单击)

Lord St. Simon had by no means relaxed his rigid attitude,
圣西蒙勋爵一点没有放松他那僵硬的姿势,
but had listened with a frowning brow and a compressed lip to this long narrative.
而是皱着眉头,紧绷着嘴唇,在听着这篇冗长的叙述。
"Excuse me," he said, "but it is not my custom to discuss my most intimate personal affairs in this public manner."
"对不起,"他说,"这样公开地讨论纯属我个人的私事,我是很不习惯的。"
"Then you won't forgive me? You won't shake hands before I go?"
"那么说,你不肯原谅我了?你不肯在我走以前和我握一下手吗?"
"Oh, certainly, if it would give you any pleasure."
"噢,当然可以,如果这样做会使你高兴的话。"
He put out his hand and coldly grasped that which she extended to him.
他伸出他的手,冷淡地握了一个她伸过来的手。
"I had hoped," suggested Holmes, "that you would have joined us in a friendly supper."
"我本来希望,"福尔摩斯提议说,"你能和我们共进一顿友好的晚餐。"
"I think that there you ask a little too much," responded his Lordship.
"我觉得,你的要求有点过份了,"勋爵回答说。

福尔摩斯探案集 单身贵族案

"I may be forced to acquiesce in these recent developments, but I can hardly be expected to make merry over them.
"我可能被迫默认最近的事态发展,但也别指望我会很高兴。
I think that with your permission I will now wish you all a very good-night."
我想如果你们许可的话,我现在祝你们各位晚安。"
He included us all in a sweeping bow and stalked out of the room.
他向我们大家很快地鞠了个躬,就昂首阔步地走出了房间。
"Then I trust that you at least will honour me with your company," said Sherlock Holmes.
"那么,我相信,至少你们不会不给我点面子吧,"歇洛克·福尔摩斯说。
"It is always a joy to meet an American, Mr. Moulton,
"结交一个美国人,总是令人愉快的,莫尔顿先生,
for I am one of those who believe that the folly of a monarch and the blundering of a minister in far-gone years
许多人包括我在内相信,多年以前的一位君王的愚蠢行为和一位大臣的错误,
will not prevent our children from being some day citizens of the same world-wide country
将不会妨碍我们的子孙在某一天成为同一世界大国的公民,
under a flag which shall be a quartering of the Union Jack with the Stars and Stripes."
在这个国土上,飘扬着米字旗和星条旗镶嵌在一起的国旗。"

分享到