单身贵族案(MP3+中英字幕) 第12期:勋爵驾到(4)
日期:2020-04-29 08:36

(单词翻译:单击)

"Have you her photograph?" "I brought this with me."
"你有她的照片吗?" "我随身带着。"
He opened a locket and showed us the full face of a very lovely woman.
他打开表链上的小金盒,让我们看一位非常漂亮的女人的整个面容。
It was not a photograph but an ivory miniature,
那不是一张照片,而是一个象牙袖珍像,
and the artist had brought out the full effect of the lustrous black hair, the large dark eyes, and the exquisite mouth.
艺术家充分发挥了那光亮的黑发、又大又黑的眼睛和优美的小嘴的感染力。
Holmes gazed long and earnestly at it. Then he closed the locket and handed it back to Lord St. Simon.
福尔摩斯长时间认真地端详那画像,然后阖上小盒,把它递还圣西蒙勋爵。
"The young lady came to London, then, and you renewed your acquaintance?"
"那么,是这位年轻的小姐来到伦敦后,你们重叙旧情?"
"Yes, her father brought her over for this last London season.
"是的,她父亲偕同她来参加这一次伦敦岁末的社交活动。
I met her several times, became engaged to her, and have now married her."
我和她数度聚晤,并且缔结了婚约,现在又和她结了婚。"
"She brought, I understand, a considerable dowry?"
"我听说她带来了一份相当可观的嫁妆?"
"A fair dowry. Not more than is usual in my family."
"嫁妆是相当丰富的,和我们家族通常的情况差不多。"
"And this, of course, remains to you, since the marriage is a fait accompli?"
"既然婚礼事实上已经举行过了,这份嫁妆当然归你了?"

福尔摩斯探案集 单身贵族案

"I really have made no inquiries on the subject."
"我确实没有去过问这件事。"
"Very naturally not. Did you see Miss Doran on the day before the wedding?" "Yes."
"没有去过问是自然的。婚礼的前一天你见过多兰小姐吗?" "见过。"
"Was she in good spirits?" "Never better. She kept talking of what we should do in our future lives."
"她心情愉快吧?" "她心情再愉快也没有了,她一直谈着我们在未来的生活中应当做些什么。"
"Indeed! That is very interesting. And on the morning of the wedding?"
"真的!非常有趣。那么在结婚那天早上呢?"
"She was as bright as possible–at least until after the ceremony."
"她喜气洋洋,高兴极了,至少直到婚礼结束始终是这样。"
"And did you observe any change in her then?"
"那么这以后你注意到她有什么变化吗?"
"Well, to tell the truth, I saw then the first signs that I had ever seen that her temper was just a little sharp.
"啊,老实说,这时候我看到了我从前没有看见过的第一个迹象。她的脾气有些急躁。
The incident, however, was too trivial to relate and can have no possible bearing upon the case."
不过那是件小事,不值一提,并且不可能与这个案件有什么关系。"
"Pray let us have it, for all that."
"尽管这样,还是请你讲讲。"

分享到