(单词翻译:单击)
Horizon has travelled the globe to meet the people
“地平线”已经周游世界,结识那些人,
who can show us all how to improve our chances of living longer, healthier lives.
他们给我们大家证明,人们能够有机会生活地更长寿,更健康。
From the first time that my brother and I landed in Okinawa,
首先我和我的弟弟一起来到冲绳岛,
the... the feel and the smell of the place, I just, I was inspired.
这地方的感受和味道,我只是,陶醉其中。
You walk down the street and there's an elderly lady sweeping outside of a little restaurant.
走在街头,看到一位老妇在小餐馆的外面打扫。
You look at her and think, "There's a nice 65-year-old lady,
看着她在想,“一个不错的65岁的老婆婆,
she's probably retired, a part-time job, keeping busy,"
她大概退休了吧,还在干活。”
and then you find out she's 90 or 95 or 99.
后来你发现她的年龄有90,95或99岁。
And you go down the market and you see...
到了市场,你看到……
"Oh, there's a lady, she looks like she's in her 70s,"
“噢,老妇人,看起来才70多岁。”
and you find out, "Oh, yeah she's 101."
后来,发现,“啊,她有101岁了。”
And I thought, wow!
我以为,哇!
Do we have a Shangri la here, a real Shangri la?
这里就是现实中的香格里拉?
The remote island of Okinawa is home to one of the longest-living communities in the world.
偏远的冲绳岛是长寿之乡,世界上最长寿的社会之一。
In a population of only one million, there are 900 centenarians,
只有100万人,却有着900位百岁老人,
a percentage that's over four times higher than Britain and America.
比例是英国和美国的4倍以上。
It's a place where age has a different meaning...
这是个年龄有着不同意义的地方……