(单词翻译:单击)
I saw a robotic puppy dog yesterday and it made me giggle.
昨天我看到了一只机械狗 它还逗我笑了
AI is coming, and the reality is that everything is going to change.
人工智能来了 一切都会改变
AI is here now and it's already had an impact in many aspects of our lives.
人工智能已经到来了 它已经影响了我们生活的方方面面
Music, transportation, medicine, manufacturing, oceanography, space and, yes, even art.
音乐 交通 药物 制造业 海洋学 太空 没错 甚至是艺术
I always get asked if I'm optimistic or pessimistic about the future and the only way I know how to answer that is to say
经常有人问我对未来持乐观还是悲观态度 我知道的唯一答案是
if you want something different than the world we have now you actually have to actively engage in building it.
如果你想有一个跟现在不同的世界 那自己就得积极地参与到新世界的建设中去
We're entering the fourth wave of the Industrial Revolution.
我们正在进入工业革命的第四波浪潮
That early first wave was all about the steam engine which made possible trains and automation.
第一波浪潮是蒸汽机 它让火车和自动化成为了现实
The second wave of the industrial revolution was really about the introduction of electricity.
工业革命的第二波浪潮是电力的出现
The third wave of the industrial revolution was about computing and things going digital.
第三波浪潮是电脑运算和数字化
And we all recognize those arcs.
我们都认识那些弧线
So think back over those previous waves, right?
回想一下之前的几波浪潮 对吧?
Steam engine, electricity, computers, and now AI.
蒸汽机 电力 电脑 现在又是人工智能
We're not talking about the AI that's trapped in your phone and desperately trying to get out of your computer.
我们讨论的不是被困在你手机里并歇斯底里想从电脑里跑出来的人工智能
We're talking about what happens when AI goes to scale, when suddenly all the objects around us are capable of action without us directing them.
我们讨论的是当人工智能发展到一定规模时 会发生什么 突然之间 我们周围的所有物体都能在没有我们指挥的情况下行动
When they are autonomous.
当它们全都成为自动化的物体
Each one of those previous revolutions brought new disciplines into existence, and those disciplines helped tame those technologies.
以前的每次革命都会衍生出新的学科 这些学科能驯服那些技术
And for me the open question is: If we're going to build a world that feels different than this,
对我而言 一个待解决的问题是:如果我们想建造一个与今不同的世界
we have to work out how to invite a whole lot more people into the conversation.
就得想办法邀请更多的人参与到对话中来
Here's my real concern. What if we're wrong?
这是我真正的担忧 万一我们错了呢?
This is the only existential threat that I can think of that humans have ever faced.
这是我能想到的唯一一个人类面临的存亡威胁
Well, I have to admit I'm an optimist.
不得不说我是个乐观主义者
Really, AI has an opportunity to actually make life better in so many different ways
真的 人工智能可能让生活变得更加美好
whether it's applying AI to doing artificial driving or, for example, helping kids learn more effectively, both in schools and at home.
比如 无论是利用它来驾驶车辆 还是帮助孩子们在家里和学校更高效地学习
Enable the elderly to stay at their home longer and keep their independence longer.
让老人在家住的更久 让他们更能独立
Because at the end of the day my belief is that really ethical people and ethical researchers are the ones who are going to build ethical machines.
因为说到底 我相信真正有道德的人和有道德的研究人员才是造出有道德的机器的人
I'm net positive that humans can have this conversation and deal with that,
我非常相信人们能进行这场对话 并解决问题
and I'm super positive that people like you are taking it on.
我也坚信像你这样的人会接受它
I can't over-stress the importance of being in this conversation today.
我不能过度强调参与到对话中来的重要性
The best promise you can make to the future is a promise that we are engaging in building a better world collectively and together.
你能对未来做出的最佳承诺就是我们团结一心 共同打造一个更加美好的世界
Companies should be more than just products.
公司不仅仅是用来生产产品的
They should be -- I know it sounds corny -- but a light on the hill.
它们应该 我知道这听起来很土 但它们应该像灯塔一样
One of the things that all of the founders of Intel were really committed to was building the future.
因特尔的所有创立者非常致力于的一件事就是建设未来
It was never enough to stop where you were, you had to keep thinking forward.
永远不要停下来 你得一直向前看