(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Teeth Be with You. My father was a lifelong pastor.
牙齿与你同在 。我父亲做了一辈子的牧师 。
One Sunday morning, as he was making his emphatic closing remarks, his false teeth flew out.
一个礼拜日早上,他在做强有力的结束语时,假牙掉了 。
In one swift move, he swept his hand across the top of the pulpit, snagged them out of the air, and put them back in his mouth.
他飞快地用手扫了一下讲道台的顶端,把它们抓了起来,放回嘴里 。
The sound of clapping and heavy laughter filled the room.
房间中充满了鼓掌的声音和响亮的笑声 。
Dad put his head down on the pulpit and laughed until tears came.
父亲把头低到讲道台上,笑的眼泪都流出来了 。
When he recovered, he raised his head and said, "Dismissed." The congregation left, still laughing.
平静后,他抬起头说,“解散” 。会众离开时笑声还没停下来 。
Dad said later, "It's nice to know the people were paying attention."
后来父亲说,“知道人们在专心听讲,这很棒 。”
Father Knows Best. My husband and I took our two boys fishing.
父亲什么都知道 。我和丈夫带着两个儿子去钓鱼 。
My father was against it, claiming the boys were too young and hooks were dangerous.
我父亲是反对这件事的,他说孩子还太小,钩子很危险 。
I told him he was being ridiculous and assured him that we would be careful.
我说他这个想法很可笑,并且向他保证我们会小心的 。
At the lake, our oldest son cast his line and hooked his little brother in the forehead, with the worm dangling across his nose.
在湖边,我们的大儿子抛下鱼线,钩住了弟弟的额头,虫子挂在了他的鼻子上 。
"See, Mom?" he cried as we carefully removed the hook.
我们小心地移走钩子时,他哭着说,“看到了吗,妈妈?”
"You should always listen to your parents."
“你应该经常听老人的话 。”
I'd Like to Buy a Vowel. I work in a small community hospital and often draw blood samples from inpatients.
我得找一个救兵 。我在一个小社区医院工作,经常给住院病人抽血样 。
One evening, while I was preparing to take blood from an elderly patient, she stated, "I can feel it in my bones."
一天晚上,在我准备给一个年长的病人抽血时,她说,“我可以感到它就在我的骨头里 。”
Perplexed, I replied, "But I haven't even stuck you yet." She said no and motioned to the television.
我困惑得回应道,“但是我还没有扎你呢 。”她说不是,然后就指向电视 。
She was simply solving a puzzle on Wheel of Fortune!
她只是在思考《幸运之轮》节目的一个谜题!
重点讲解
1.pay attention注意
In doing our work, we must pay attention to ways and means.
做工作应注意方式方法 。
2.in my bones直觉
I've got a feeling in my bones that things are not quite right.
直觉告诉我情况不太对头 。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。