(单词翻译:单击)
Here's one from Microsoft, the windows media player.
这款是微软的产品,微软媒体播放器 。
And here's one from MusicMatch that HPOMs for their machines.
这款是MusicMatch为他们的机器研发的产品 。
Now, if you look at these things, there's something that pops out right away,
看到这些软件,你很快会产生一些想法,
especially if you're not already using one.
特别是当你没有真正开始使用的时候 。
They are too complex. They're really difficult to learn and use.
那就是他们太复杂了 。学习和使用起来都非常困难 。
I've talked to so many people using them,
我跟很多使用这些软件的人聊过天,
but don't even know three ports of the features, because they're too complicated.
但到现在都还不知道它们的三个特点,因为它们太复杂了 。
And they have restrictions. Some of them don't let you encode into MP3, which is the most popular format.
而且它们设了很多的限制 。其中一些不允许你编码成mp3格式,而mp3是现在最流行的格式 。
Most of them limit the encoding quality.
还有其中大部分都会限制你的文件编码质量 。
So they don't let you get really high quality.
因为他们不想让你获得真正高质量的文件 。
Most of them throttle the encoding speed.
大部分软件会限制编码速度 。
So you're sitting there waiting longer than you have to.
于是你不得不坐在那里,浪费不必要的时间去等待 。
And all of them throttle the CD, burning speed to 2X. Now why they do this?
并且所有软件都把光盘的写入速度限制到了2X 。为什么他们要这么做呢?
They do this so that you give them more money to buy a Pro version that takes away these restrictions, usually about $30.
是因为这样你们就会给他们更多的钱,去买去除了这些限制的专业版,价格通常是30美元 。
We're gonna change all this today with something we call iTunes.
所有这一切将会在今天做出改变,因为我们有了称之为iTunes的东西 。