(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today is "I'll put in a word", from the film "Downton Abbey".
我们今天的短语是I'll put in a word,出自电影《唐顿庄园》。
In this film, a castle in a small English town is being prepared for a visit from the King and Queen.
在这部电影中,一个英国小镇上的一座城堡,正在为国王和王后的到来而做着准备。
Listen for the phrase "I'll put in a word".
留意听一下I'll put in a word这个短语。
Should we really go on with it?
我们真的要继续这样吗?
You mean, leave Downton?
你是说离开唐顿?
Downton Abbey is the heart of this community and you're keeping it beating.
唐顿庄园是这个地区的中心,并且你们经营有成。
Remember to pray for us.
记得为我们祈祷。
I'll put in a word.
我会为你美言的。

So what do you think "I'll put in a word" means?
所以你觉得I'll put in a word是什么意思?
I'll say something good for you, or I'll do something nice to help you?
是我会为你说好话,还是我会做点好事来帮助你?
Listen again, did you have the right answer?
再听一遍,你知道正确答案了吗?
Downton Abbey is the heart of this community and you're keeping it beating.
唐顿庄园是这个地区的中心,并且你们经营有成。
Remember to pray for us.
记得为我们祈祷。
I'll put in a word.
我会为你美言的。
"I'll put in a word" means I'll say something good for you.
I'll put in a word的意思是我会为你说好话。
Often, you hear the word 'good' used before the 'word'.
通常来说,你会听到‘good’这个词用在‘word’之前。
In the movie, when the man says "remember to pray for us",
在这部电影中,当那个男人说“记得为我们祈祷”时,
the lady's answer means she will put in a good word with god for him.
那位女子的答语的含义是,她会为他向上帝说好话的。
And that is English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。
