(单词翻译:单击)
Yes!
过去了!
Even with my scuba gear I could slide right through this thing!
即使带着潜水装备,我也能从这里滑过去!
Soon I’m off into another room.
很快我就要去另一个房间了 。
This used to be stateroom where a member of the crew slept.
这以前是一个船员睡觉的舱房 。
Rustcicles hang from a doorway.
门口上挂满了铁锈 。
And hanging vertically from the sideways floor?
从侧面垂直悬挂?
A bath rub!
一个浴缸!
I hop in the tub for a quick rust bath, and then Todd and I head back out into daylight.
我跳到浴缸里去快快地洗个铁锈澡,然后我和托德又回到阳光下 。
David is swimming along the hull, which is completely encrusted in zebra mussels, a small invasive mollusk that grows on everything in the St. Lawrence these days.
大卫正沿着船身游动,船身完全被斑马贻贝所覆盖,斑马贻贝是一种小的侵入性软体动物,现在生长在圣劳伦斯的任何地方 。
Finally, getting low on air, it’s time to head back to the surface.
终于要没有氧气了,该返回海面了 。
Whew!
呼!
Wow!
哇!
The really confusing thing about that wreck is that it’s on its side, so everything is discombobulated.
那艘沉船真正令人困惑的地方在于它是侧向一边的,所以一切都不协调 。
The floors are the walls and the walls are the floors and the ceilings.
地板是墙壁,墙壁是地板和天花板 。
And when you are swimming though it, it doesn’t make any sense at all.
你在游泳时,这一切变得说不通了 。
It completely throws your brain for a loop, but a very interesting dive visually.
完全不符合逻辑,但在视觉上是非常有趣的潜水
We leave the mooring and head off to another wreck.
我们离开停泊处,前往另一艘沉船 。
Approaching Dark Island, home of Singer Castle, we slow and prepare to dive the wreck of the America.
在接近辛格城堡所在的暗岛时,我们放慢速度,准备潜入美国号沉船 。
The America was a drill barge that sank 1932 due to an accidental explosion of dynamite it was carrying.
美国号是一艘钻井船,1932年由于装载的炸药意外爆炸而沉没 。
Several people were killed in the explosion.
几人在爆炸中丧生 。
David, Todd and I jump into the water and head down to the sea floor.
我、大卫和托德跳进水里,朝海底游去 。
In the shallows we find the anchor chain, and follow it over and down to the wreck.
在浅水处,我们找到了锚链,然后沿着它一直游到沉船那里 。
Once we reach the wreck, David directs us towards the stern, where the explosion happened.
我们一到沉船那,大卫就把我们引向船尾,爆炸就发生在那里 。
As we approach the stern, it gets deeper and darker.
当我们接近船尾时,它变得又深又暗 。
At 75 feet, we encounter the props.
在75英尺处,我们遇到了支撑物 。
Because the ship is upside-down, the props are sticking straight up.
因为船是颠倒放置的,所以支撑物是直立的 。
David and I maneuver for shots while Todd backlights the props with his video lights.
托德用他的视频灯照亮支撑物时,我和大卫进行拍摄 。
Next we drop over the side, down towards the sea floor.
下一步我们从边上朝着海底向下游 。
Hanging off the bottom of the wreck, which is actually the deck, is a huge rusty winch, wound with steel cable.
悬挂在沉船底部(实际是甲板)上的是一个巨大的生锈绞盘,缠绕着钢缆 。
I poke my head into the engine room door and have a look around.
我把头伸进机舱门,环顾四周 。
As this was a steam engine, it had furnaces for the boilers.
因为这是一台蒸汽机,所以带有锅炉用的炉子 。
One of the furnaces is open and I can clearly see the bricks lining the inside.
其中一个炉子开着,我能清楚地看到里面衬着的砖 。
This is where coal was burned to boil water to make steam for the engine.
这是用煤烧开水,以便为引擎提供蒸汽的地方 。
The black soot from the fire is still visible even after 80 years on the bottom of the river!
大火留下的黑烟在河底过了80年后,依然清晰可见!
I head out of the engine room, up the line to the chain and back to the mooring line.
我从机舱出来,沿着缆绳到链条那,再回到系泊缆绳的地方 。
My exploration of both the Keystorm and the America offered a fascinating glimpse into history.
对Keystorm号和美国号的探索,让我略见了历史惊鸿 。
Shipwrecks are time capsules of history.
沉船是历史的时间胶囊 。
The moment they sink, out of sight to the rest of the world, they stop changing with the world above.
它们下沉时,在世人都看不到的地方,它们却并未随着上面的世界而改变 。
Although they eventually rust away and disappear, in the meantime they allow divers to travel back in time, if only for an hour, to a world of the past.
虽然它们最终会生锈消失,但它们也让潜水员能够返回过去的世界,哪怕只有一个小时 。