经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第466期
日期:2019-10-28 09:47

(单词翻译:单击)

"Impatiently I waited for evening, when I might summon you to my presence.
“我急不可耐地等着晚间的到来,这样可以把你召到我面前。
An unusual -- to me -- a perfectly new character I suspected was yours:
我怀疑,你有一种不同寻常的性格,对我来说,一种全新的性格,
I desired to search it deeper and know it better.
我很想对它进行深层的探索,了解得更透彻。
You entered the room with a look and air at once shy and independent: you were quaintly dressed -- much as you are now.
你进了房间,目光与神态既腼腆又很有主见。你穿着古怪--很像你现在的样子。
I made you talk: ere long I found you full of strange contrasts.
我使你开了腔,不久我就发现你身上充满奇怪的反差。
Your garb and manner were restricted by rule;
你的服装和举止受着清规戒律的约束;
your air was often diffident, and altogether that of one refined by nature, but absolutely unused to society,
你的神态往往很羞涩,完全是那种天性高雅绝不适应社交的人,
and a good deal afraid of making herself disadvantageously conspicuous by some solecism or blunder;
很害怕自己因为某种失礼和错误而出丑。

经典文学《简·爱》

yet when addressed, you lifted a keen, a daring, and a glowing eye to your interlocutor's face:
但一旦同你交谈,你向对方的脸庞投去锐利、大胆、闪亮的目光。
there was penetration and power in each glance you gave; when plied by close questions, you found ready and round answers.
你的每个眼神里都有一种穿透力。问你思路严密的问题,你应对如流。
Very soon you seemed to get used to me:
你似乎很快对我习惯了,
I believe you felt the existence of sympathy between you and your grim and cross master, Jane;
我相信你觉得在你与你的严厉、暴躁的主人之间,有引起共鸣的地方,
for it was astonishing to see how quickly a certain pleasant ease tranquillised your manner:
因为我惊异地看到,一种愉快的自在感,立刻使你的举止变得平静了。
snarl as I would, you showed no surprise, fear, annoyance, or displeasure at my moroseness;
尽管我暴跳如雷,你并没有对我的乖僻露出惊奇、胆怯、苦恼或不快。
you watched me, and now and then smiled at me with a simple yet sagacious grace I cannot describe.
你观察着我,不时朝我笑笑,那笑容中带着一种难以形容的朴实和聪明伶俐的神态。

分享到