经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第321期
日期:2019-01-30 10:10

(单词翻译:单击)

Well, he is not a ghost; yet every nerve I have is unstrung: for a moment I am beyond my own mastery.
是呀,他不是鬼,但我的每一根神经都紧张起来。一时我无法自制。
What does it mean? I did not think I should tremble in this way when I saw him,
那是什么意思?我未曾想到一见他就这么颤一抖起来,
or lose my voice or the power of motion in his presence.
或者在他面前目瞪口呆,或者动弹不得。
I will go back as soon as I can stir: I need not make an absolute fool of myself.
一旦我能够动弹,我一定要折回去,因为没有必要让自己变成个大傻瓜。
I know another way to the house.
我知道通往府上的另一条路。
It does not signify if I knew twenty ways; for he has seen me.
但是即使我认得二十条路也没有用了,因为他已经看到了我。


"Hillo!" he cries; and he puts up his book and his pencil. "There you are! Come on, if you please."
“你好!”他叫道,丢开了书和铅笔。“你来啦!请过来。”
I suppose I do come on; though in what fashion I know not;
我猜想我确实往前走了,尽管不知道怎么走过去的。
being scarcely cognisant of my movements, and solicitous only to appear calm;
我几乎没有意识到自己的行动,而一味切记着要显得镇定,
and, above all, to control the working muscles of my face
尤其要控制活动的面部神经,
which I feel rebel insolently against my will, and struggle to express what I had resolved to conceal.
而它却公然违抗我的意志,挣扎着要把我决心掩饰的东西表露出来。
But I have a veil -- it is down: I may make shift yet to behave with decent composure.
但我戴着面纱--这时已经拿下:我可以尽力做出镇定自若的样子。

分享到