经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第456期
日期:2019-10-14 11:08

(单词翻译:单击)

"The sweet wind from Europe was still whispering in the refreshed leaves,
从欧洲吹来的甜甜的风,仍在格外清新的树叶间耳语,
and the Atlantic was thundering in glorious liberty;
大西洋自由自在地咆哮着。
my heart, dried up and scorched for a long time, swelled to the tone, and filled with living blood
我那颗早已干枯和焦灼的心,对着那声音舒张开来,注满了活的血液
my being longed for renewal -- my soul thirsted for a pure draught.
我的身躯向往新生,我的心灵渴望甘露。
I saw hope revive -- and felt regeneration possible.
我看见希望复活了,感到重生有了可能。
From a flowery arch at the bottom of my garden I gazed over the sea -- bluer than the sky:
我从花园顶端拱形花棚下眺望着大海--它比天空更加蔚蓝。
the old world was beyond; clear prospects opened thus:
旧世界已经远去,清晰的前景展现在面前,于是:

经典文学《简·爱》

"'Go,' said Hope, 'and live again in Europe:
“‘走吧,’希望说,‘再到欧洲去生活吧,
there it is not known what a sullied name you bear, nor what a filthy burden is bound to you.
在那里你那被玷污的名字不为人所知,也没有人知道你背负着龌龊的重荷。
You may take the maniac with you to England; confine her with due attendance and precautions at Thornfield:
你可以把疯子带往英国,关在桑菲尔德,给予应有的照料和戒备。
then travel yourself to what clime you will, and form what new tie you like.
然后到随便哪个地方去旅游,结识你喜欢的新关系。
That woman, who has so abused your long-suffering, so sullied your name, so outraged your honour,
那个女人恣意让你如此长期受苦,如此败坏你的名声,如此侵犯你的荣誉,
so blighted your youth, is not your wife, nor are you her husband.
如此毁灭你的青春,她不是你妻子,你也不是她丈夫。
See that she is cared for as her condition demands, and you have done all that God and humanity require of you.
注意让她按病情需要得到照应,那你就已做了上帝和人类要求你的一切。
Let her identity, her connection with yourself, be buried in oblivion: you are bound to impart them to no living being.
让她的身份,她同你的关系永远被忘却,你决不要把这些告诉任何活人。
Place her in safety and comfort: shelter her degradation with secrecy, and leave her.'"
把她安置在一个安全舒适的地方,悄悄地把她的堕落掩藏起来,离开她吧。’”

分享到