经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第454期
日期:2019-10-11 11:12

(单词翻译:单击)

"One night I had been awakened by her yells
“一天夜里我被她的叫喊惊醒了
(since the medical men had pronounced her mad, she had, of course, been shut up)
(自从医生宣布她疯了以后,她当然是被关起来了)
it was a fiery West Indian night; one of the description that frequently precede the hurricanes of those climates.
那是西印度群岛火燎似的夜晚,这种天气常常是飓风到来的前奏。
Being unable to sleep in bed, I got up and opened the window.
我难以入睡,便爬起来开了窗。
The air was like sulphur-steams -- I could find no refreshment anywhere.
空气像含硫的蒸气--到处都让人提不起神来。
Mosquitoes came buzzing in and hummed sullenly round the room;
蚊子嗡嗡的飞进来,阴沉地在房间里打转。
the sea, which I could hear from thence, rumbled dull like an earthquake -- black clouds were casting up over it;
在那儿我能听到大海之声,像地震一般沉闷地隆隆响着。黑云在大海上空集结,

经典文学《简·爱》

the moon was setting in the waves, broad and red, like a hot cannon-ball
月亮沉落在宽阔的红色波浪上,像一个滚烫的炮弹,
she threw her last bloody glance over a world quivering with the ferment of tempest.
向颤抖着正酝酿风暴的海洋,投去血色的目光。
I was physically influenced by the atmosphere and scene,
我确实深受这种气氛和景色的感染,
and my ears were filled with the curses the maniac still shrieked out;
而我的耳朵却充斥着疯子尖叫着的咒骂声。
wherein she momentarily mingled my name with such a tone of demon-hate, with such language!
咒骂中夹杂着我的名字,语调里那么充满仇恨,语言又那么肮脏!
no professed harlot ever had a fouler vocabulary than she: though two rooms off, I heard every word
没有一个以卖淫为业的妓女,会使用比她更污秽的字眼,尽管隔了两个房间,我每个字都听得清清楚楚,
the thin partitions of the West India house opposing but slight obstruction to her wolfish cries."
西印度群岛薄薄的隔板丝毫挡不住她狼一般的嚎叫。

分享到
重点单词
  • slightadj. 轻微的,微小的,纤细的,脆弱的 vt. 轻视,
  • obstructionn. 障碍,妨碍,闭塞
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • pronouncedadj. 显著的,断然的,明确的 pronounce的过
  • earthquaken. 地震
  • opposingadj. 反作用的,反向的,相反的,对立的 动词oppo
  • maniacn. 疯子,热衷者 adj. 疯狂的 =maniacal
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • descriptionn. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型
  • precedevt. 在 ... 之前,优于,较 ... 优先 vi.