经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第401期
日期:2019-06-26 09:56

(单词翻译:单击)

I shook my head. "What! is there more? But I will not believe it to be anything important.
我摇了摇头。“什么!还有别的!但我不相信是什么了不起的事情。
I warn you of incredulity beforehand. Go on."
有话在先,我表示怀疑,讲下去吧。”
The disquietude of his air, the somewhat apprehensive impatience of his manner, surprised me: but I proceeded.
他神态不安,举止有些忧虑焦躁,我感到很惊奇,但我继续说下去了。
"I dreamt another dream, sir: that Thornfield Hall was a dreary ruin, the retreat of bats and owls.
“我还做了另外一个梦,先生。梦见桑菲尔德府已是一处凄凉的废墟,成了蝙蝠和猫头鹰出没的地方。
I thought that of all the stately front nothing remained but a shell-like wall, very high and very fragile-looking.
我想,那气派非凡的正壁已荡然无存,只剩下了一道贝壳般的墙,看上去很高也很单簿。
I wandered, on a moonlight night, through the grass-grown enclosure within:
在一个月光如水的夜晚,我漫步穿过里面杂草丛生的围场。
here I stumbled over a marble hearth, and there over a fallen fragment of cornice.
一会儿这里绊着了大理石火炉,一会儿那里碰到了倒地的断梁。
Wrapped up in a shawl, I still carried the unknown little child:
我披着头巾,仍然抱着那个不知名的孩子。
I might not lay it down anywhere, however tired were my arms
尽管我的胳膊很吃力,我却不能把它随便放下,
however much its weight impeded my progress, I must retain it.
尽管孩子拖累着我,但我必须带着它。

经典文学《简·爱》

I heard the gallop of a horse at a distance on the road;
我听见了远处路上一匹马的奔驰声。
I was sure it was you; and you were departing for many years and for a distant country.
可以肯定那是你,而你离开已经多年,去了一个遥远的国家。
I climbed the thin wall with frantic perilous haste, eager to catch one glimpse of you from the top:
我疯也似地不顾危险匆匆爬上那道薄薄的墙,急于从顶上看你一眼,
the stones rolled from under my feet, the ivy branches I grasped gave way,
石头从我的脚下滚落,我抓住的枝藤松开了,
the child clung round my neck in terror, and almost strangled me; at last I gained the summit.
那孩子恐惧地紧抱住我的脖子,几乎使我窒息。最后我爬到了墙顶。
I saw you like a speck on a white track, lessening every moment.
我看见你在白色的路上象一个小点点,越来越小,越来越小。
The blast blew so strong I could not stand.
风刮得那么猛,我简直站都站不住。
I sat down on the narrow ledge; I hushed the scared infant in my lap:
我坐在狭窄的壁架上,使膝头这个神圣婴儿安静下来。
you turned an angle of the road: I bent forward to take a last look; the wall crumbled; I was shaken;
你在路上拐了一个弯,我俯下身子去看最后一眼。墙倒塌了,我抖动了一下,
the child rolled from my knee, I lost my balance, fell, and woke."
孩子从我膝头滚下,我失去了平衡,跌了下来,醒过来了。”

分享到