(单词翻译:单击)
Thomas Alva Edison. My boys and I caught in a jar what before now has only been flashed across the night sky.
托马斯·阿尔瓦·爱迪生。在我们让光亮划过夜空之前,我和我的伙计们遇到了困难。
The future is here.
未来已来。
Hello, I'm George Westinghouse.
你好,我是乔治·威斯汀豪斯。
Nikola Tesla. I will be the greatest provider of electrical power in the world. Better than Edison.
我是尼古拉·特斯拉。我将成为世界上最厉害的电力供应商。比爱迪生更强。
This is a contest between you.
这是你们之间的一场竞赛。
This is a battle for the brightest minds of America.
这是美国最聪明的大脑之间的一场战争。
Today the impossible becomes the possible.
今天我们让不可能变成可能。
And the man that controls that current controls that future.
而掌控电流的人,就掌控了未来。
I hope you brought your checkbooks.
我希望你带着你的支票簿。
If you want to be remembered, it's simple, shoot a president.
如果你想被别人所铭记,很简单,枪杀总统就好了。
But if you prefer to have what I call a legacy, you leave the world a better place than you found it.
但如果你想留下个好名声,就要让世界变得更加美好。
You are building miracles out of thin air.
你是在凭空创造奇迹。
I'm working on something so new that the world will never be the same.
我现在正在做一些事,一些前无古人、使得这个世界将不再是原来的样子的事情。
If Mr. Edison succeeds, he will set us back so far we may never recover.
如果爱迪生先生成功了,他将使我们倒退到永远无法恢复的地步。
Sometimes we have to work outside of rules to get what's right. That is how you truly win.
有时候做正确的事情,我们不得不去打破常规。这样你才能真正的胜利。
Oh, you get vultures in every venture. But did I mention that his system's lethal.
哦,每个风险项目上你都能捞上一笔,但是我有没有提到过他这个体系的致命危害。
His current kills people!
他的电流会杀死人的!
He's playing dirty. You can't too.
他在使诈。你也可以。
You can't see the real force that moves things if it's not AC/DC. It's not currents, it's currency.
如果不是直流交流的战争,你绝对看不到背后的真正推手,这不是电力之战,是金钱之战。
This is costing us a fortune!
这花了我们一大笔钱!
Westinghouse stole from me!
西屋电气从我这里偷走的!
My motor, that is our future.
我的电动机,就是我们的未来。
You're fired. There's never gonna be anything named Tesla ever again.
你被炒了。再也不会有以特斯拉命名的东西了。
Our future is not going to be paved with bricks, but with copper.
我们的未来不是砖铺成的,而是铜铺成的。
I have the better system. Westinghouse Electricity shall endure.
我有更好的系统。西屋电气会永存。
A city of light. I built it already in my imagination, and it is perfect.
城市之光。已经在我的想象中建造完成,而且很完美。
There is a possibility you'll be putting in jeopardy the lives of twenty-eight million people.
你有可能将2800万人的生命置于危险之中。
Tonight things could change.
今晚情况可能会改变。
Shall we call for a ride?
我们做马车走吧?
Three. Two. One.
三。二。一。
Only one man will rise.
只有一个人会成功。
So what's your trade?
那你是做什么的?
Inventor. I fix problems for idiots.
发明家。给白痴们解决问题的。