斑点带子案(MP3+中英字幕) 第27期:启程出发(4)
日期:2019-07-11 10:16

(单词翻译:单击)

"I thought it as well," said Holmes as we climbed the stile,
当我们走上台阶时,福尔摩斯说:"我认为
"that this fellow should think we had come here as architects, or on some definite business.
还是让这个家伙把我们当成是这里的建筑师,或者是来办事的人为好。
It may stop his gossip. Good-afternoon, Miss Stoner.
省得他闲话连篇。午安,斯托纳小姐。
You see that we have been as good as our word."
你瞧,我们是说到做到的。"
Our client of the morning had hurried forward to meet us with a face which spoke her joy.
我们这位早上来过的委托人急急忙忙地赶上前来迎接我们,脸上流露出高兴的神色。
"I have been waiting so eagerly for you," she cried, shaking hands with us warmly.
"我一直在焦急地盼着你们,"她热情地和我们边握手边大声说道。
"All has turned out splendidly. Dr. Roylott has gone to town, and it is unlikely that he will be back before evening."
"一切都很顺利。罗伊洛特医生进城了,看来他傍晚以前是不会回来了。"
"We have had the pleasure of making the doctor's acquaintance," said Holmes,
"我们已经高兴地认识了医生。"福尔摩斯说。
and in a few words he sketched out what had occurred.
接着他把经过大概地叙述了一番。

福尔摩斯探案集 斑点带子

Miss Stoner turned white to the lips as she listened.
听着听着,斯托纳小姐的整个脸和嘴唇都变得刷白。
"Good heavens!" she cried, "he has followed me, then." "So it appears."
"天哪!"她叫道,“那么,他一直在跟着我了。""看来是这样。"
"He is so cunning that I never know when I am safe from him. What will he say when he returns?"
"他太狡猾了,我无时无刻不感到受着他的控制。他回来后会说什么呢?"
"He must guard himself, for he may find that there is someone more cunning than himself upon his track.
"他必须保护他自己,因为他可能发现,有比他更狡猾的人跟踪他。
You must lock yourself up from him to-night.
今天晚上,你一定要把门锁上不放他进去。
If he is violent, we shall take you away to your aunt's at Harrow.
如果他很狂暴,我们就送你去哈罗你姨妈家里。
Now, we must make the best use of our time, so kindly take us at once to the rooms which we are to examine."
现在,我们得抓紧时间,所以,请马上带我们到需要检查的那些房间去。"

分享到
重点单词
  • cunningadj. 狡猾的,有眼光的,精巧的,可爱的 n. 狡诈,
  • unlikelyadj. 不太可能的
  • definiteadj. 明确的,确切的,有把握的
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • violentadj. 暴力的,猛烈的,极端的
  • gossipn. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人 vi. 散播(流言
  • harrown. 耙 vt. 耙掘,伤害,使苦恼
  • acquaintancen. 熟人,相识,了解
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说