斑点带子案(MP3+中英字幕) 第13期:来龙去脉(7)
日期:2019-05-23 11:37

(单词翻译:单击)

"Indeed," said Holmes. "Was it your custom always to lock yourselves in at night?" "Always." "And why?"
"什么?"福尔摩斯说,"这是不是你们的习惯,夜里总是把自己锁在屋子里?""总是这样。""为什么呢?"
"I think that I mentioned to you that the doctor kept a cheetah and a baboon.
"我想我和你提到过,医生养了一只印度猎豹和一只狒狒。
We had no feeling of security unless our doors were locked."
不把门锁上,我们感到不大安全。"
"Quite so. Pray proceed with your statement."
"是这么回事。请你接着说下去。"
"I could not sleep that night. A vague feeling of impending misfortune impressed me.
"那天晚上,我睡不着。一种大祸临头的模糊感觉压在我心头。
My sister and I, you will recollect, were twins,
你会记得我们姐儿俩是孪生姐妹,
and you know how subtle are the links which bind two souls which are so closely allied. It was a wild night.
你知道,联接这样两个血肉相连的心的纽带是有多么微妙。

福尔摩斯探案集 斑点带子

The wind was howling outside, and the rain was beating and splashing against the windows.
那天晚上是个暴风雨之夜,外面狂风怒吼,雨点劈劈啪啪地打在窗户上。
Suddenly, amid all the hubbub of the gale, there burst forth the wild scream of a terrified woman.
突然,在风雨嘈杂声中,传来一声女人惊恐的狂叫。
I knew that it was my sister's voice.
我听出那是我姐姐的声音。
I sprang from my bed, wrapped a shawl round me, and rushed into the corridor.
我一下子从床上跳了起来,裹上了一块披巾,就冲向了过道。
As I opened my door I seemed to hear a low whistle, such as my sister described,
就在我开启房门时,我仿佛听到一声轻轻的就象我姐姐说的那样的口哨声,
and a few moments later a clanging sound, as if a mass of metal had fallen.
稍停,又听到哐啷一声,仿佛是一块金属的东西倒在地上。

分享到
重点单词
  • impendingadj. 逼迫的,迫切的,即将发生的 动词impend的
  • impressedadj. 外加的;印象深刻的;了不起的;受感动的
  • corridorn. 走廊
  • statementn. 声明,陈述
  • misfortunen. 不幸,灾祸
  • screamn. 尖叫声 v. 尖叫,大笑
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • whistlen. 口哨,汽笛,厂笛,啸啸声,用于召唤或发布命令的哨声
  • burstn. 破裂,阵,爆发 v. 爆裂,迸发
  • vagueadj. 模糊的,不明确的,犹豫不决的,茫然的