经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第206期
日期:2017-05-24 13:39

(单词翻译:单击)

"We did, and, Tedo, you know, I helped you in prosecuting (or persecuting) your tutor,
"我们确实这么做了,特多,你知道我帮你告发(或者是迫害)你的家庭教师,
whey-faced Mr. Vining — the parson in the pip, as we used to call him.
面无血色的维宁先生,我们管他叫病态教师。
He and Miss Wilson took the liberty of falling in love with each other — at least Tedo and I thought so.
他和威尔逊小姐胆大妄为,竟谈情说爱起来 — 至少特多和我是这么想的。
We surprised sundry tender glances and sighs which we interpreted as tokens of 'la belle passion,'
我们当场看到他们温存地眉目传情,哀声叹气,并把这些理解为"la belle passion"的表现,
and I promise you the public soon had the benefit of our discovery.
我敢担保,大家很快就会得益于我们的发现。
We employed it as a sort of lever to hoist our dead-weights from the house.
我们要将它作为杠杆,把压在身上的两个沉重包袱,撬出门去。
Dear mama, there, as soon as she got an inkling of the business, found out that it was of an immoral tendency.
亲爱的妈妈,瞧她一风闻这件事儿,便发觉是种歪风邪气。
Did you not, my lady-mother?"
你不就是这么看的吗,我的母亲大人?"

经典名著 简爱

"Certainly, my best. And I was quite right.
"当然,我的宝贝。而且我十分正确。
Depend on that: there are a thousand reasons why liaisons between governesses
毫无疑问,在任何一个管教出色的家庭里,有干万条理由,
and tutors should never be tolerated a moment in any well-regulated house. Firstly..."
一刻都不能容忍家庭男女教师之间的私通。第一..."
"Oh, gracious, mama! Spare us the enumeration! Au reste, we all know them.
"哎呀,妈妈,别给我们一一列举啦!其余,我们都知道。
Danger of bad example to innocence of childhood;
坏样子会危害儿童的纯真;
distractions and consequent neglect of duty on the part of the attached — mutual alliance and reliance;
热恋者相依相伴,神不守舍,会导致失责;
confidence thence resulting — insolence accompanying — mutiny and general blow-up.
而狂妄自恃 — 傲馒无礼伴之而生 — 会造成冲突和对抗的总爆发。
Am I right, Baroness Ingram, of Ingram Park?"
我说得对吗,英格拉姆花园的英格拉姆男爵夫人?"
"My lily-flower, you are right now, as always."
"我的百合花,你说得很对,你一向很对。"
"Then no more need be said. Change the subject."
"那就不必再说了,换个话题吧。"

分享到
重点单词
  • confidenceadj. 骗得信任的 n. 信任,信心,把握
  • tendencyn. 趋势,倾向
  • levern. 杠杆,似杠杆之工具 vt. 撬开,使用杠杆
  • enumerationn. 列举;计算;细目
  • benefitn. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演 vt. 有益于,得
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • neglectvt. 忽视,疏忽,忽略 n. 疏忽,忽视
  • passionn. 激情,酷爱
  • reliancen. 信赖,所信赖的人或物
  • consequentadj. 作为结果的,随之发生的,合乎逻辑的 n. 推论