(单词翻译:单击)
I realize that success is fleeting.
我意识到,成功转瞬即逝 。
As a fighter, you're only as good as your last fight because as soon as you win, the clock starts ticking again.
作为一名格斗选手,你的成绩只能说明你上次比赛的表现,因为从你赢的那一刻起,时间会继续 。
That's what drives me to evolve and improve every day in everything that I do.
这也是促使我在我每天所做的每一件事上都要追求进步和提高的动力 。
My name is May Ooi.
我是黄于芬 。
May has mastered more things than most will in a lifetime.
黄现在掌握的技能比大多数人一辈子能掌握的都要多 。
Her path to greatness started back when she took up swimming as a child.
她的非凡之路始于孩提时代就开始游泳这件事 。
May would go on to compete in the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona, representing Singapore.
学游泳的她,日后将代表新加坡参加1992年的巴塞罗那奥运会 。
I was swimming competitively for about 14 years,
我参加游泳比赛差不多参加了14年,
and at the end of that, I was just really tired of the training regimen,
最后,我真的是厌倦了那些训练日程,
the pressure from competition, and not having a normal life.
厌倦了竞争带来的压力,厌倦了不能拥有正常的生活 。
She went to college and eventually medical school,
于是,她去上了大学,上的还是医学院,
but then she stumbled on a martial art called capoeira,
后来她又机缘巧合接触到了一种叫做“卡波耶拉”的武术,
fell in love with it and she mastered that, too.
她爱上了这种武术,也掌握了它 。
That was her first step into MMA.
这是她迈入MMA的第一步 。
MMA means mixed martial arts.
MMA就是综合格斗的意思 。
You will be fighting against an opponent in the cage
就是把你关在一个笼子里和对手进行搏斗,
but you can use any form of martial arts that you're comfortable with.
但你可以使用任何你觉得舒服的流派的武术 。
I started with capoeira.
我一开始会用卡波耶拉 。
I have really good ground game in jujitsu,
我很擅长用柔术跟对手缠斗,
so I like to take my fights to the floor, and I like to finish my opponents on the floor.
所以我喜欢把对手放倒在地上,然后把她们彻底打倒 。
I think I've choked out most of my opponents.
在我的印象中,我的对手最后大都成了我的手下败将 。
When I was training, recreationally, I got really good and a lot of people asked me to compete.
以前我练着玩儿的时候就打得很好,所以很多人都邀请我去参加比赛 。
I refused to because I didn't want to be in that competitive environment anymore.
我都拒绝了,因为我不想再回到那种竞争的环境里去 。
But I met Harlow Gracie, who is royalty in the martial arts world.
但后面我遇到了武术界的泰斗哈洛·格雷西 。
Once he saw May train, he knew that she was destined for greatness.
第一眼看到训练中的黄于芬,哈洛·格雷西就知道她注定会成为大人物 。
He encouraged her to compete, and so she did for five years,
于是他鼓励她去参加比赛,她便去参加了比赛,而且一参加就是五年,
becoming one of Singapore's best fighters.
成了新加坡最好的拳击手之一 。
Khouch is in trouble. May Ooi locked out Srey Khouch.
豪奇遇到麻烦了 。黄于芬死死地锁住了斯李·豪奇 。
And now May is taking time away from competition, and once again, mastering something new.
现在,黄已经从竞赛中抽离出来,再次踏入了新的领域 。
We're gonna work on the jinga first.
我们先来练习转圈 。
I work with children from two and a half to 12.
我现在教的都是2岁半到12岁的孩子 。
I grew up in a middle-class family, and I didn't have a lot of opportunities.
我出身于一个中产阶级家庭,本来是没有太多机会的 。
But through swimming and sports I had amazing opportunities, and I had a lot of doors that opened for me.
但通过游泳和体育运动,我得到了很多非常棒的机会,很多机会的大门都对我敞开了 。
Now that I have the means to give back,
既然现在我有办法回馈社会了,
I like to give back to Singapore and help grow the sporting culture in Singapore.
我就想回馈社会,帮助发展我们国家的体育文化事业 。