蓝宝石案(MP3+中英字幕) 第38期:赖德先生(8)
日期:2019-03-25 14:38

(单词翻译:单击)

"Well, then, of course I saw it all, and I ran off as hard as my feet would carry me to this man Breckinridge;
"是啊,我当然明白是怎么回事了。我竭尽全力飞快地跑到布莱肯里奇店主那里,
but he had sold the lot at once, and not one word would he tell me as to where they had gone.
可是他早就把所有的鹅都卖掉了,而且他一句话也不肯告诉我,鹅究竟卖到哪里去了。
You heard him yourselves to-night. Well, he has always answered me like that.
他今天夜里说的话你已经亲自听到了。他总是那样回答我。
My sister thinks that I am going mad. Sometimes I think that I am myself.
我姐姐以为我要发疯了,有时候我自己也觉得我是要发疯了。
And now–and now I am myself a branded thief,
而现在,我已经是一个打上了窃贼的烙印的人了,
without ever having touched the wealth for which I sold my character. God help me! God help me!"
尽管我并没有得到我为此出卖人格的财宝。愿上帝宽恕我吧!愿上帝宽恕我吧!"

福尔摩斯探案集 蓝宝石案

He burst into convulsive sobbing, with his face buried in his hands.
只见他用双手捂着脸抽搐着哭了起来。
There was a long silence, broken only by his heavy breathing,
很长一段时间,房里一片寂静,只能听到他沉重的呼吸声
and by the measured tapping of Sherlock Holmes's finger-tips upon the edge of the table.
和歇洛克·福尔摩斯用指尖有节奏地叩打桌沿的声音。
Then my friend rose and threw open the door. "Get out!" said he.
突然,我的朋友站了起来,猛地把门打开。"滚出去!"他说。
"What, sir! Oh, Heaven bless you!"
"什么,先生?!噢,愿上帝保佑你!"
"No more words. Get out!"
"别废话了,滚吧!"
And no more words were needed.
也不需要多说什么了。

分享到
重点单词
  • burstn. 破裂,阵,爆发 v. 爆裂,迸发
  • silencen. 沉默,寂静 vt. 使安静,使沉默
  • touchedadj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的
  • measuredadj. 量过的,慎重的,基于标准的,有韵律的 动词me