(单词翻译:单击)
"Hasten to take off your wet things," said he; "and before you go, good-night -- good-night, my darling!"
“快把湿衣服脱掉,”他说,“临走之前,说一声晚安--晚安,我的宝贝!”
He kissed me repeatedly. When I looked up, on leaving his arms, there stood the widow, pale, grave, and amazed.
他吻了我,吻了又吻。我离开他怀抱抬起头来一看,只见那位寡一妇站在那儿,脸色苍白,神情严肃而惊讶。
I only smiled at her, and ran upstairs.
我只朝她微微一笑,便跑上楼去了。
"Explanation will do for another time," thought I.
“下次再解释也行,”我想。
Still, when I reached my chamber, I felt a pang at the idea she should even temporarily misconstrue what she had seen.
但是到了房间里,想起她一时会对看到的情况产生误解,心里便感到一阵痛楚。
But joy soon effaced every other feeling;
然而喜悦抹去了一切其他感情;
and loud as the wind blew, near and deep as the thunder crashed, fierce and frequent as the lightning gleamed, cataract-like
狂风大作,雷声隆隆,电光闪闪,暴雨如注,
as the rain fell during a storm of two hours' duration,
在这两小时的暴风雨中。
I experienced no fear and little awe.
我并不害怕,并不畏惧。
Mr. Rochester came thrice to my door in the course of it, to ask if I was safe and tranquil:
这中间罗切斯特先生三次上门,问我是否平安无事。
and that was comfort, that was strength for anything.
这无论如何给了我安慰和力量。
Before I left my bed in the morning, little Adèle came running in to tell me that
早晨我还没起床,小阿黛勒就跑来告诉我,
the great horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard had been struck by lightning in the night, and half of it split away.
果园尽头的大七叶树夜里遭了雷击,被劈去了一半。