蓝宝石案(MP3+中英字幕) 第33期:赖德先生(3)
日期:2019-03-08 13:49

(单词翻译:单击)

"I see -- her ladyship's waiting-maid.
"哦,是伯爵夫人的侍女。
Well, the temptation of sudden wealth so easily acquired was too much for you,
唔,如此垂手可得的大笔横财对你来说具有巨大的诱惑力,
as it has been for better men before you;
就如同它以前曾引诱过比你本领更大的人一样;
but you were not very scrupulous in the means you used.
但是,你施展的伎俩却不够周密啊。
It seems to me, Ryder, that there is the making of a very pretty villain in you.
在我看来,赖德,你这个人生性就是一个十分狡猾的恶棍。

福尔摩斯探案集 蓝宝石案

You knew that this man Horner, the plumber, had been concerned in some such matter before,
你知道管子工霍纳这个人以前曾有过类似的盗窃行为,
and that suspicion would rest the more readily upon him. What did you do, then?
所以嫌疑会很容易地落在他身上。那么你干了些什么呢?
You made some small job in my lady's room -- you and your confederate Cusack
你们--你和你的同谋丘萨克在伯爵夫人的房间里搞了些小小的棋局。
and you managed that he should be the man sent for.
你们设法把他叫进房间里来。
Then, when he had left, you rifled the jewel-case,
而在他走后,你撬开了首饰匣,
raised the alarm, and had this unfortunate man arrested. You then..."
紧接着又大叫发现了房间被盗,使这个不幸的人遭受逮捕。然后你..."

分享到
重点单词
  • suspicionn. 猜疑,怀疑
  • villainn. 坏人,恶根 n. 罪犯
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • plumbern. 水管工人
  • unfortunateadj. 不幸的,令人遗憾的,不成功的 n. 不幸的人
  • temptationn. 诱惑,引诱
  • scrupulousadj. 小心谨慎的,细心的,严谨的