(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
I'm a nurse in a hospital's children's ward.
我是一家医院儿童病房的护士 。
One night, I was at the nurses' station when I heard a little boy in his room talking.
一天晚上,我在护士站听到一个小男孩在他的房间里说话 。
He kept the patter up for some time.
他喋喋不休有一段时间 。
Finally, I got on the intercom and said softly but firmly, "All right, Johnny, it's time to go to sleep now."
最后,我打开对讲机,轻轻地但坚定地说:“好了,约翰尼,该睡觉了 。”
There was quiet in the room, and then he said, "OK, God, I will."
房间里很安静,然后他说,“好的,上帝,我会的 。”
I didn't hear a peep from him until morning.
直到早晨我才听到他的尖叫声 。
I was in a small store in a nearby town one evening.
一天晚上,我在附近城镇的一家小商店里 。
Wanting to find out when it opened the next morning,I stopped a teenage staffer on her way out and asked, "What are your hours?"
想知道第二天早上什么时候开门,
I stopped a teenage staffer on her way out and asked, "What are your hours?"
于是,我拦住一位十几岁的女员工,问她:“你们的营业时间是几点?”
Her reply: "Right now, six to nine because I'm in school.
她回答说:“现在,六点到九点,因为我在上学 。
But next month it will be full-time."
但下个月就是全天营业 。”
重点讲解
1.got on 进步
She got on her bike and rode quickly to school.
她登上自行车迅速骑往学校 。
2.the next morning 第二天早上
The laundry came back the next morning.
所洗衣服第二天早上送回了 。
3.on her way 起程
Having been a vegetarian, she was plenty mad at first and had to be force fed on her way to San Francisco's Barbary Coast.
米娜一直以来都是素食主义者,起初她很恼火,在她去旧金山巴巴多斯地区的途中一直需要强迫进食 。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。