(单词翻译:单击)
To go to a cocktail party and to see an hors d'oeuvres that has a toothpick sticking up from it,
去参加鸡尾酒会,看着插了一根根牙签的水果拼盘,
the point of that toothpick makes me feel shocks of electricity down the back of my legs.
那些尖尖的牙签就会让我感觉有股电流沿着我脊椎通过 。
People are perplexed by that.
对此大家都觉得很困惑 。
My name is Carolyn Hart, I have mirror-touch synesthesia.
我是卡洛琳·哈特,我有镜像触觉联觉反应 。
Mirror-touch synesthesia is a conflation of the senses.
镜像触觉联觉是一种感官的融合 。
The things that you see are felt on your skin.
就是你的皮肤会直接感觉到你看到的情况 。
If I see another person's injuries, well I feel that in my own body.
如果我看到别人身上有伤,我自己也会有受伤的感觉 。
If I see someone get touched, I feel that on my skin.
看到别人被抚摸我也会有被抚摸的感觉 。
I'm a massage therapist.
我是一名按摩师 。
I think my mirror-touch synesthesia has really helped me.
我觉得,我的这种反应真的起了一定的作用 。
When someone tells me what they're feeling in their body, well I feel it in my body.
当有人告诉我他们身体的感觉时,我感觉我的身体里也有同样的感觉 。
And I think it makes me more able to help that person.
感觉这让我能够更好地帮助到他人 。
Every single day I will see something that triggers waves of pain.
每天我都会看到一些能引发我痛苦的事情 。
It makes it really hard for me to participate in a lot of contemporary entertainment.
这让我很难参与到很多当代娱乐里 。
Like I really love Game of Thrones and I can't watch the program because it's so violent.
就像虽然我真的很喜欢《权游》,但我看不了这个剧,因为画风实在太暴力了 。
I also have really positive experiences.
但我也有非常积极的经历 。
When I watch ballet I feel my muscles fire.
比如看别人眺芭蕾舞的时候,我能感觉到我的肌肉也在燃烧 。
When I see them executing pirouettes I feel like I'm spinning.
当我看到大家转圈的时候,我感觉我自己也在旋转 。
And that's not an emotional sense of "Gee, this is really lovely and so beautiful to watch."
但这并不是那种“天啦,看起来真的很可爱,很美哎”那种感觉 。
I feel it in my body. I can't control it.
我是身体自己感觉到的,是不受我控制的 。
If I was to lose my synesthesia, I would lose part of myself that would be irretrievable and irreplaceable.
如果失去这种感觉,我就将失去并且永久失去不可替代的一部分自我 。