(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Marcus has been sitting at the table the entire time, holding the wallet and watching the performance.
马库斯一直坐在桌边,拿着钱包观看演出 。
I point to the wallet.
我指着钱包 。
"Marcus, could you stand up for a second?"
“马库斯,你能站起来一下吗?”
He stands. I ask him to hold the wallet up above his head so everyone can see, and he does.
他站了起来,我让他把钱包举过头顶,这样每个人都能看到,他照做了 。
"You have been holding my wallet the entire time. Open it and look inside. You should find a lottery ticket. Take it out."
“你一直拿着我的钱包,打开看看,你应该会发现有张彩票,把它拿出来 。”
Marcus opens the wallet and removes the lottery ticket.
马库斯打开钱包,拿出彩票 。
"This isn't a winning ticket. I'm not a millionaire. But I want you to look at the numbers.
“这不是一张中奖的彩票,我不是百万富翁,但是我想让你们看看这些数字 。
I'm going to hand you the microphone. Read them out loud."
我把话筒递给你,大声读出来 。”
I am watching his face now, waiting for him to see it.
我现在看着他的脸,等着他看到彩票上的数字 。
"Oh," he says quietly. "Oh no." He looks at me. His eyes are very wide.He looks back at the lottery ticket.
“哦,”他平静地说 。“哦,不” 。他看着我,睁大了眼睛,回头看了看彩票 。
"Read the numbers, Marcus."
“读出数字,马库斯 。”
Marcus raises the microphone.
马库斯举起麦克风 。
"Sixteen, thirty-two, nine, forty-three, eleven, and fourteen."
“16,32,9,43,11,14 。”
The room explodes. People are on their feet, screaming and jumping and turning to one another.
房间里炸开了,人们都站起来,尖叫着,跳跃着,转向彼此 。
Someone runs for the exit, knocking over a table. Jessica has her hands on her face, her mouth open.
有人跑向出口,撞倒了一张桌子 。杰西卡把手放在脸上,张开嘴 。
Marcus has dropped the microphone. He is reading the ticket over and over again, shaking his head and laughing.
马库斯的麦克风掉了 。他一遍又一遍地看着彩票,边摇头边笑 。
I want you to see his face. I want you to see the joy, the open, unaffected joy.
我想让你看看他的脸 。我想让你看到那种敞开心扉、真挚的快乐 。
It's the kind of joy that reminds you for a moment that when the weight of worry, of pain, of anxiety, of the world, has gone, the face that shines without it is extraordinary.
这种快乐会提醒你,忧虑、痛苦、焦虑和世界的重压消失时神采奕奕的脸是非凡特别的 。
Magicians get to see people at their very best,
魔术师能看到人们最好的一面,
and in this transformation you can see through the illusion what can only be described as real, actual magic.
在这种转变中,你可以看到错觉,这种错觉只能用真实的魔法来形容 。
重点讲解
1.knock over 打翻;撞倒
And woops-- I knock over the tower.
可是我居然打翻了这座积木塔 。
2.look at 看;考虑;着眼于
The boy stole a look at his father with grimace.
那男孩扮着鬼脸偷看了他父亲一眼 。
3.stand up 站起来;坚持;竖立;站得住脚;拥护
Some women simply like to test you to see how well you stand up for yourself; others just like to exert their own power.
有些女人仅仅想测试一下你有多么坚持自我;另外一些则仅仅喜欢执行他们自己的权力 。
4.see through 识破,看穿
I think Saint Paul had it right when he said that in this life we see through a glass darkly and know in part.
我认为圣保罗的话很有道理,他说“在此生,我们是通过一扇模糊的窗子看世界,而且对事物的了解是片面的” 。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。