(单词翻译:单击)
All right. As you know, the midterm elections were yesterday.
好 大家知道 昨天是中期选举日
Everybody voted, I hope.
你们都投票了吧 我想
A lot of "I voted" stickers on, I see.
很多人都贴着“我投票了”的贴纸 我看到了
But sir, that's a Chiquita Banana sticker you're wearing.
不过 先生 你贴的是Chiquita Banana的贴纸
That doesn't fool anyone.
可骗不了人哦
The day after the election is always hard.
选举后的第二天总是很难过
Because one half of the country is very happy.
因为这个国家会有一半人欢喜
And one half of the country is unhappy.
另一半人愁
And so I thought I would walk you through some of the emotions that we're going to feel over the next few months.
我想带大家体验一下未来几个月我们即将出现的感受
First, we're going to feel divided.
首先 我们会觉得很分裂
And it's sort of like my audience.
就像我的观众们一样
Last week, I did a giveaway.
上周 我送了很多东西
And I told one half they were going to get a big prize.
我告诉其中一半观众 他们将获得一份大奖
And they won. And the other half thought they weren't getting a prize.
结果他们赢了 另一半观众以为自己没有奖品
So this is sort of what everyone's going to feel like.
这就是大家即将出现的反应
Yeah, kind of like that.
对 基本就像这样
Now, the next thing you're going to feel is confusion.
接下来你们会觉得很困惑
You may have worked very hard for your side, knocking on doors, whatever you did.
你们可能想尽办法为自己支持的人拉票 挨家挨户上门游说 不遗余力
And you lost anyway.
但你还是输了
And you're thinking, how did the other side win?
你在想 他们是怎么赢的?
I don't even understand this. Nothing makes sense.
我就搞不懂了 没道理啊
Well, not everything does make sense.
对 不是任何事都有道理的
Here's an example of that.
这就是个例子
In here. In case you didn't know where to look, you go there.
这里 以防你们不知道该看哪里 看这里
Oh, I didn't see that.
哦 没想到啊
It's OK to look confused, to feel confused, or disappointed.
看起来困惑 感到困惑和失望都是正常的
But we have to keep going, even when things feel overwhelming.
但我们还得继续生活 即便事实让我们难以接受
We have to just get up and keep trying, like this.
我们得站起来继续尝试 就像这样
All right, now, there's a large dog.
好 这是一只很大的狗狗
He's got a large bone. He just wants to go outside, OK.
它得到了一根大骨头 它想出去 好
Nope, all right. This is really frustrating for this dog.
不行 好吧 狗狗真是太沮丧了
But he really wants that bone.
可是它真的想要这根骨头
Try it again. And, no. Nope, nope, all right.
再试一次 不行 不行 还是不行 好吧
I know what to do. I'll go through.
我知道怎么办了 我先过去
And then I'll pull it through this way. Yep, here we go.
然后再把骨头叼进去 对 就这样
No. No. Nope. Oh!
不行 不行 过不来 哦!
Very frustrating for that dog. But the dog did not give up. Yay!
狗狗真的太有挫败感了 不过它没有放弃 耶!
See? See? Hopefully, sooner rather than later, we'll all come together.
看到了吧 看见没 希望我们能尽快团结一致
Here's a video of two creatures from different sides of the animal kingdom getting along.
这儿有个视频 说的是两种不同的动物和睦相处的样子
They set a great example for all of us.
它们给我们树立了个好榜样
I think that's where platypuses come from.
鸭嘴兽可能就是这么来的