(单词翻译:单击)
In 160 seconds you will decide how this story ends.
在接下来的160秒,你会决定故事的结局是什么样的。
This is a story about us. The Indoor Generation.
这是一个关于我们的故事。室内一代。
A generation that spends 90% of its life indoors.
我们是一生中90%的时间都花在室内的人。
It all started the day we left nature behind.
故事从我们离开大自然那天说起。
We filled our homes with lovely things and all the stuff we wanted.
我们用喜爱的和自己想要的东西填满我们的家。
Our homes became places you would never want to leave.
我们的家因此就成为了你永远不想离开的地方。
Artificial light replaced daylight.
人造光代替了日光。
And we built our houses so that nothing could escape.
我们盖了房子,这样就没有东西能逃出去了。
We cooked and showered. Breathed and played. Slept and sweated.
我们在这里做饭、洗澡。在这里呼吸、玩耍。在这里睡觉、出汗。
But we had closed ourselves in.
但我们却把自己关了起来。
To a point where nothing could get out.
到了没有什么能出去的地步。
So, when the air turned bad inside, we tried fixing it with chemicals.
因此,当室内空气变糟糕的时候,我们会试着用化学试剂去改善。
And we put in little artificial suns everywhere to make the darkness bearable.
我们处处放置小人造太阳,来让黑暗变得可以忍受。
That's when things started to happen.
事情就是从此发生的。
Hard to notice in the beginning.
一开始很难注意到。
Some needed help. To sleep. To breathe. To not itch.
有人需要帮助。才能睡觉。才能呼吸。才能不疼不痒。
Many of us even started to feel sad.
我们许多人甚至开始感到悲伤。
So, we turned on happy lamps to make the sadness go away.
所以我们打开快乐之灯来驱走悲伤。
Then scientists discovered that the air inside our homes is up to five times more polluted than the air outside.
然后科学家们发现,我们家里的空气的污染程度,是外面空气的污染程度的五倍。
And that the lack of daylight can affect children's learning and increase blood pressure.
缺乏日光的照射,会影响孩子们的学习,引起血压升高。
It turns out that kids' rooms often have the highest concentration of toxicants in the house.
事实证明,在家中,孩子们的房间里的毒物浓度最高。
In fact, millions of homes are unhealthy to live in.
实际上,数百万的房子居住起来并不健康。
They discovered that living in damp and moldy homes increases the risk of asthma by 40%.
他们发现,住在潮湿发霉的房子里,患哮喘的风险会增加40%。
And I learned that millions of people like me, suffer from asthma and allergies caused by a bad indoor environment.
我了解到,数以百万计的像我一样的人,患有由恶劣的室内环境引起的哮喘和过敏。
And so, here we are.
因此,我们的处境就是这样。
How this story ends is up to you, because it's not written yet.
这个故事的结局如何由你来定,因为现在结局还未写出。
If you care about the indoor generation, do something.
如果你关心室内一代,那就做点什么吧。
Begin to think and live differently.
开始用不同的方式思考和生活。
Let light and fresh air into your life again.
让光和新鲜的空气再次进入你的生活。
Even small changes can make a huge difference for coming generations.
即使是很小的改变,也会对下一代产生巨大的影响。
Learn how at theindoorgeneration.com.
在theindoorgeneration.com了解详情。