(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
"Had I been a half-second slower, the whole mass of it would have come into the car," Schulz says.
舒尔茨说:“如果我再慢半秒钟,麋鹿就会撞到车 。”
"I have no doubt I'd have been decapitated."
“毫无疑问,我会死的 。”
Several motorists who'd witnessed the crash approached the wreck in shock.
目击车祸的几名司机震惊地向失事车辆靠近 。
"I can't believe you're alive," one gasped.
“我真不敢相信你还活着,”一个人喘气说道 。
There was no lifechanging epiphany at that precise moment or in the immediate aftermath.
在那一刻,或者在那这场突如其来的灾难之后,没有改变人生的顿悟 。
But Schulz's near-fatal experience seeded something,
但这一经历在舒尔茨心里播下了种子,
and what followed weeks later "was one of those panoramic moments when you get your bearings and decide whether you're on the right path or not," he says.
几周后,他说,“这是一个全景式的时刻,让你找到方向,决定你的人生道路是否正确 。”
Schulz thought, What advice would the 90-year-old me give to the me of right now?
舒尔茨想,90岁的我会给现在的我什么启示呢?
He was a technology consultant who dabbled in photography.
他是一名摄影技术顾问 。
"I said to myself that if I don't take the path of being a full-time photographer, I will regret it," he recalls.
“我告诉自己,如果我不走全职摄影师的道路,我会后悔的,”他回忆道 。
So he went for it.
于是,他走上了摄影的道路 。
His background interest elbowed its way to the front, and he became a successful portrait and commercial photographer.
对摄影的兴趣推动他成为一名成功的肖像摄影师和商业摄影师 。
"I've often wondered, If I hadn't hit the moose, would I be a full-time photographer right now?" he reflects.
“我常想,如果我没有撞上驼鹿,我现在会成为一名全职摄影师吗?”
"I don't think so." Schulz believes that the collision changed his biochemistry,
“我不这么认为 。”舒尔茨认为碰撞改变了他的生化反应,
unlocking something in his brain that prompted his shift in perspective.
打开他大脑中让他改变想法的东西 。
重点讲解
1.full-time 专职的;全日制的;全部时间的
Staying at the bleeding edge of software upgrades can be a full-time job.
要保持软件总是升级到最新,这可能得作为一份 专职的工作 。
2.immediate aftermath 直接后果
It was, in some respects, for me anyway, it was harder than the immediate aftermath of 911, because 911 felt like an discrim event, like there was an attack, we recovered, there was a response.
就我个人而言,在某些方面,它比911后果还要严重,因为911像个能够辨别分析的事件,出现了一次袭击,我们恢复过来,我们有应对措施 。
3.dabbled in 涉足
Of course, we have always dabbled in this area.
毫无疑问,我们一直在这个领域里做着偿试 。
4.shift in 移入
So the shift in global power to places such as Brazil, Russia, India and China will, if anything, quicken.
因此,全球力量将加快向巴西、俄国、印度和中国这些国家转移,如果有何不同的话 。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。