经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第299期
日期:2018-12-20 10:22

(单词翻译:单击)

What sort of a face it was to be, I did not care or know.
至于一张什么样的脸,我既不在乎,也不知道。
I took a soft black pencil, gave it a broad point, and worked away.
我取了一支黑色软铅笔,把笔尖留得粗粗的,画了起来。
Soon I had traced on the paper a broad and prominent forehead and a square lower outline of visage.
我立刻在纸上勾勒出了一个又宽又突的前额和下半个脸方方正正的轮廓。
That contour gave me pleasure.
这个外形使我感到愉快。
My fingers proceeded actively to fill it with features.
我的手指赶忙填上了五官。
Strongly-marked horizontal eyebrows must be traced under that brow,
在额头下得画两道平直显眼的眉毛,
then followed, naturally, a well-defined nose, with a straight ridge and full nostrils;
下面自然是线条清晰的鼻子,笔直的鼻梁和大大的鼻孔;
then a flexible-looking mouth, by no means narrow; then a firm chin, with a decided cleft down the middle of it.
随后是看上去很灵活长得不小的嘴巴;再后是坚毅的下巴,中间有一个明显的裂痕。

经典文学《简·爱》

Of course, some black whiskers were wanted, and some jetty hair, tufted on the temples, and waved above the forehead.
当然还缺黑黑的络腮胡,以及乌黑的头发,一簇簇长在两鬓和波浪似地生有前额。
Now for the eyes. I had left them to the last, because they required the most careful working.
现在要画眼睛了,我把它们留到最后,因为最需要小心从事。
I drew them large. I shaped them well.
我把眼睛画得很大。形状很好。
The eyelashes I traced long and sombre; the irids lustrous and large.
长而浅黑的睫毛,大而发亮的眼珠。
"Good! but not quite the thing," I thought, as I surveyed the effect.
“行!不过不完全如此,”我一边观察效果,一边思忖道。
They want more force and spirit;
它们还缺乏力量和神采。
and I wrought the shades blacker, that the lights might flash more brilliantly -- a happy touch or two secured success.
我把暗处加深,好让明亮处更加光芒闪烁--巧妙地抹上一笔两笔,便达到了这种效果。
There, I had a friend's face under my gaze.
这样,在我的目光下就显出了一位朋友的面孔。
And what did it signify that those young ladies turned their backs on me?
那几位小姐对我不理睬又有什么关系呢?
I looked at it; I smiled at the speaking likeness.
我瞧着它,对着逼真的画面微笑。
I was absorbed and content.
全神贯注,心满意足。

分享到
重点单词
  • absorbedadj. 一心一意的;被吸收的 v. 吸收;使全神贯注(
  • ridgen. 脊,山脊,山脉
  • brilliantlyadv. 辉煌地,光亮地,灿烂地
  • signifyvt. 表示,预示,意味着,象征 vi. 有重要性
  • prominentadj. 杰出的,显著的,突出的
  • lustrousadj. 有光泽的,光辉的
  • outlinen. 轮廓,大纲 vt. 概述,画出轮廓
  • horizontaladj. 水平的,横的 n. 水平线,水平面
  • likenessn. 相像,相似物,样子