(单词翻译:单击)
Haha, you suck.
哈哈哈,倒霉了吧 。
Schadenfreude is enjoyment derived from another person's misfortune.
幸灾乐祸就是把自己的快乐建立在别人的不幸之上 。
We've all watched fail compilations, shared vines, and cheered on Christy Teigen when she's out here roasting people.
我们都有过看到他人失败还庆祝,看到Christy Teigen出来怼人还在一旁煽风点火的时刻 。
We enjoy seeing someone get dragged, roasted, or cooked for a mistake and that enjoyment is felt in our reward centers in our brain.
我们喜欢看到别人因为犯错被拖累,被吐槽或被狠揍一顿,而这种享受是切实发生在我们大脑里的奖励中心的 。
The striatum, the anterior cingulate cortex, and the amygdala, all contain dopaminergic neurons that activate when experiencing schadenfreude.
纹状体,前扣带皮层和杏仁核,所有这些神经都含有产生幸灾乐祸的心态时就会被激活的多巴胺能神经元 。
It's a complicated emotional response, which feels good, but how much should it govern our decision-making?
幸灾乐祸是一种复杂的情绪反应,虽然感觉很爽,但这种反应应该在多大程度上左右我们的决策呢?
Theme song time.
进主题曲 。
He said still no theme song.
他说还是不给 。
Seriously dude, you gotta get that theme song going.
我说,兄弟,你最好把主题曲给我放起来 。
You deserve everything that's coming to you, stupid.
这一切都是你活该,煞笔 。
Don't lie, I know you've gotten a chuckle when someone's taken an L on the internet or in real life.
别装了,我知道有人在网上或现实生活中倒霉的时候你是暗爽的 。
I know I giggle when I see someone speed past me on the highway and get a ticket.
我知道,因为我自己碰到别人在高速上超我的车结果吃了罚单,
Or if someone gets a four-piece and some fries in a fast-food fight,
或者有人在快餐店斗殴时买了四样套餐和一些薯条的时候我就会幸灾乐祸,
you know what I'm saying?
你懂我的意思吧?
You know what I'm saying.
你懂 。
Is it cool to laugh another person's misfortune? No.
嘲笑别人的不幸好吗?不好 。
But do we do it? Hell yeah, because we're human.
但我们这么做了吗?,绝对做了,因为我们都是俗人 。
Schadenfreude manifests more strongly when we perceive people deserve their misfortunes or when misfortunes happen to people who are widely disliked.
当我们觉得他人活该承受不幸,或者承受不幸的人是大家都不喜欢的人时,我们就会幸灾乐祸地更加得意忘形 。
Makes sense.
这也是情理之中的事 。
If a Nazi or racist gets cooked on Twitter, we laugh, because we think they're super wack and deserve to get flamed.
如果一个纳粹分子或种族主义分子在推特上被人吐槽了,我们会笑,因为我们觉得那群人都是怪胎,被人抨击也是他们活该 。
Right? Right.
是吗?是的 。
It can also manifest in less desirable social conditions like envy.
这种心态也可能发生在社会条件不太令人满意的时候,比如嫉妒 。
Researchers found that when a subject felt that a person was superior and more important,
研究人员发现,当一位受试者认为另一个人比他更优越、更重要时,
stronger envy and stronger anterior cingulate cortex activation was also seen.
他们就能观察到强烈的嫉妒,前面提到的前扣带皮层也会被激活 。
Also, stronger schadenfreude and striatum activation were induced when misfortunes happened to an envied target.
当不幸降临在人们嫉妒的对象身上时,也会诱发更明显的幸灾乐祸心态,而纹状体也会被激活 。
So, schadenfreude pops up in our brains whenever someone we perceive as higher status than us or people we don't like gets knocked down a peg or 20.
综上所述,当我们认为比我们优越的人或者我们不喜欢的人一次或者反反复复处于下风时,我们的大脑就会产生幸灾乐祸的心态 。
But schadenfreude could possibly also be a way of social learning from another person's mistakes.
但幸灾乐祸可能也是从别人的错误中学习社会经验的方法 。
A UCLA study put electrodes in the heads of 10 subjects playing a computer card game
加州大学洛杉矶分校的一项研究在10个玩电脑纸牌游戏的受试者头上安装了电极,
and found that observing and predicting errors in the card game activated the rostral anterior cingulate cortex,
发现研究并预测纸牌游戏中的错误会激活前部扣带皮层,
part of the cerebrum that encodes learning, decision-making, and rewards.
即控制学习、决策和奖励的大脑区域 。
Make sense so far.
到目前为止都合情合理 。
Made the wrong decision, we get a little bit of dopamine and hopefully you learn from the mistake that you're viewing.
做出错误决定时,我们的大脑会分泌少量多巴胺,顺利的话我们就会从我们看到的错误中吸取教训 。
Researchers came to that same conclusion and believed that neurons from that specific areawe're learning and calculating next moves.
研究人员也得出了这一结论,他们认为是该区域的神经促使我们学习并计算我们的下一步行动的 。
But wait, there's more. That's a reference.
不过,这还没完,他们还发现了更多内容 。这是一句引语噢 。
This may sound a lot like one of my favorite topics, mirror neurons, but they're not the same.
听起来可能有点儿像我最喜欢的主题之一——镜像神经元,但它们其实是不一样的 。
Mirror neurons are neurons that respond equally when we perform an action and when we see someone perform that same action.
镜像神经元是一种会在我们自己执行某一动作与我们看到他人执行同一动作时做出相同的反应的神经元 。
When we see someone make a mistake you're not thinking "man, let me go mess that up for myself."
当我们看到他人犯错的时候,我们不会想“哎,让我也犯一回呗 。”
You're learning from that mistake and making better life choices.
我们会吸取别人的教训,从而做出更好的选择 。
Today's episode is brought to you by life choices...Make Better Ones.
感谢“人生选择”对本期视频的大力支持......做更好的选择 。
![](https://img.kekenet.com/app/keke/wap_app.png)