(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
10. Your opportunities are limited only by your desire to work and your imagination.
10、工作欲望和想象限制了你的机会。
Once you come through this crucible, you can guide your own life course.
一旦通过了考验,你就可以主宰自己的人生。
11. You are smart but no better than anyone else until you prove yourself.
11、你很聪明,但在证明自己之前,你并不比任何人强。

Conversely, no one is better than you, so take a back seat to no one.
相反,没有人比你强,所以不要总是默默无闻, You will be as good as you choose to be.
你会如当初的选择一样优秀。
12. Fear of failure can weigh you down like an anchor.
12、对失败的恐惧会像锚一样让你疲惫不堪,
It will prevent you from ever going places.
它会阻止你前进的步伐。
Don't fear failure, but know that getting where you're going will take work.
不要害怕失败,但你要知道想去任何地方都需要付出努力。
重点讲解
1.better than 超过;多于;好于…
No one can know you better than you know yourself.
没有人能知道你比你更好的了解自己。
2.prevent from 阻止,制止;妨碍
To prevent and investigate illegal activities; to attack and take precautions against terrorism; to maintain the public order and prevent from activities against public order.
预防、制止和侦查违法犯罪活动;防范、打击恐怖活动;维护社会治安秩序,制止危害社会治安秩序的行为;
3.weigh down 使颓丧;压低;重于
Words have no tangible weight, but careless remarks would heavily weigh down people's heart.
话语称起来不重,但稍一不慎,却会重重地压到别人的心。
4.illegal activities 违法行为;不法活动
They bumped him off because he knew too much about their illegal activities.
他们把他谋杀了, 因为他对他们的非法活动知道得太多了。
5.come through 经历;安然度过;获得成功
How did you manage to come through the Second World War without even a scratch?
你怎么经历了第二次世界大战还会安然无恙呢?
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载。
